Management Accountant (German speaking)
Hays are excited to be working in partnership with Tristel based in Snailwell, Newmarket who are a manufacturer of infection control, contamination control and hygiene products. Due to continued business growth and expansion across the Group, Tristel are recruiting a Management Accountant (German speaking) to support their German business, this is a newly created role. The Management Accountant (German speaking) is a key pivotal role and will report directly to the Group Finance Director and will be part of the head office accounting team based at Newmarket.
This role will provide an accounting service for the German subsidiary to satisfy Germany statutory and tax requirements whilst simultaneously reporting into the UK head office under IFRS and IAS accounting standards. Alongside this there is also the opportunity to take a lead on reporting requirements for their new business in Poland. The Management Accountant will embrace change and new technology and support the finance department in business projects both on a local level and within the wider group. The Management Accountant will be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring that the month end process is completed accurately and on time and presenting and reviewing the results
- Production and presentation of detailed and insightful reports and analysis for senior management
- Working with staff members responsible for the day to day processing of sales and purchase ledgers to enable an accurate and timely cashflow forecast
- Ledger review and reporting
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Monthly review of stock to identify aged or slow moving stock, to identify valuation errors and to maintain the control accounts related to stock
- Preparation of local level accounts for statutory and tax requirements
- Assisting with the responsibility for working with tax advisors to plan and complete all tax computations and returns required
- Managing regulatory requirements of statutory bodies
The candidate will be an ambitious and professional qualified or part-qualified Accountant, with knowledge of management and financial accounting in an end to end role, combined with strong IT skills including Microsoft Excel to an advanced level and experience of SAP or another ERP system. Ideally you will have had exposure in working and reporting under German reporting standards, or have the desire to learn and apply your accounting experience in this area. It is essential that you have the ability to communicate both written and verbally in German to an intermediate level.
The Management Accountant will be a team player possessing good organisation skills with the ability to prioritise work demands and perform well under pressure and to tight deadlines. You will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and have good attention to detail and accuracy, promoting high quality standards. The Management Accountant will be flexible in their approach to work and be prepared to support other broader accounting responsibilities including working with senior members of their leadership teams both in the UK and Germany.
Although this role is located in Newmarket, you must however be geographically mobile and be prepared to travel to their German office as and when required.
In return Tristel are offering a highly competitive salary and benefits package including contributory pension scheme, 20 days holiday rising to 26 days with service + bank holidays, study support, flexible working hours (37.5 hour week with core hours of 10-3) free parking and the opportunity to progress your career with a marketing leading, fast moving world class business.
For more information about the role and organisation please visit their dedicated recruitment website – hays.co.uk/jobs/tristel
Interviews will commence on the 3rd October times tbc.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75984961