Data Governance Manager
Are you looking for your next challenge?
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Data Governance Manager to join our forward thinking Business Intelligence team in Bingley.
The Data Governance Manager will be responsible for defining, delivering and sustaining the activities on the organisation wide data governance roadmap. The focus is:
- Improvement of data quality
- Management of risk to protect both the confidentiality and integrity of our information assets
- Ensuring that we meet our legal and regulatory requirements around our data management practices.
The Data Governance Manager will be working alongside others in the Data Strategy Group, Business Intelligence, Technology and Legal teams to support the business in meeting the operational, analytical and commercial needs for our data and achieving our Data Strategy Group vision of 'Providing people with the right data at the right time.'
The Data Governance Manager will be proactive in socialising the value and importance of good data management practices and sharing stories of success to inspire positive behaviours in the creation and use of data.
- Enterprise wide adoption and further refinement and development of the Data Governance Framework that is in place.
- Coordinating the activities of our subject domain data champions.
- Leading and training data champions on their data governance responsibilities.
- Escalation and resolution of governance, data quality and protection issues.
- Working closely with others such as the Legal team to facilitate the development and implementation of data quality and protection standards.
- Maintaining accurate records to demonstrate that the processing of personal data across the enterprise is performed in accordance with the relevant legal requirements.
- Defining indicators of performance and quality metrics. Working closely with the BI and Business Technology teams to develop data quality dashboards.
- Creation of data related policies.
- Ensuring compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities.
- Develop & maintain inventory of enterprise metadata including information maps, data dictionaries and data models, including authoritative system, business rules, owners and approved use cases for the data.
- Regular issue resolution and roadmap progress reports for the Data Strategy Group.
Data Governance Manager | Data Governance | Data Management | Data Protection | Database | Data Analysis | Data Analytics
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of industry leading data quality, data risk management and data governance practices. Experience working with ISO 27001 would be desirable.
- Knowledge of data architecture and technology solutions with a specific focus on databases and data integration.
- Knowledge of data related legal and regulatory requirements with an immediate focus on EU GDPR and experience of maintaining accurate records for audit purposes.
- Proven track record in driving change in data management related processes.
- Ability to break down complex problems and projects into manageable goals.
- Experience of creating policy documents.
- Experience of creating technical documentation such as data flow diagrams and data dictionaries.
- 3+ year's minimum working on large scale data governance projects.
- Knowledge of data standards used in the academic publishing market (e.g. Ringgold, ORCHID, JATS, ONIX, MARC) would be beneficial.
- Experience in using both relational and non-relational database technologies such as Microsoft SQL Server and MarkLogic to query and analyse data would be advantageous.
- Experience of overseeing compliance with the Data Protection Act and/or regulations applicable to the processing of personal data.
Behaviours & Attributes:
- Demonstrated ability of managing in challenging situations & conflict resolution.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with people at all levels across the business.
- Great interpersonal skills and team player.
- Committed to your own continuing professional development.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback to drive improvements in processes and behaviours.
We are a global publisher, whose products and services help customers make decisions that count based on research that matters. The company manages a portfolio of more than 300 journals, over 2,500 books and book series volumes, and over 500 teaching case studies, as well as providing an extensive range of online products and additional customer resources and services.
We define ourselves differently:
We champion research that makes a difference in the real world. Throughout our 50 year history, we've adapted and evolved but remain an independent business, completely focused on the needs of our communities. We're proud of where we've come from as well as where we're heading.
What matters to us:
Individuality: We have a strong sense of character, independence and spirit.
Ambition: We strive to go beyond what's possible to delight our customers.
Purpose: Our entire motivation is to help our communities achieve better outcomes.
Curiosity: We listen, learn and challenge the status quo, paying attention to the details that matter.
Trust: Our open and responsive culture empowers people, creating transparency, responsibility and respect.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76060047