Cost & Management Accountant
Temp and poss Temp to Perm Cost & Management Accounting assignment - Carmarthenshire
Your new company
Blue Chip manufacturer with excellent career opportunities.
Your new role
Reporting to the Financial Controller. A challenging and varied costing and management accounting assignment where you will be involved in the creation and development of accurate product costings for both standard and actual. Also you will be involved in the completion of departmental reports to deadlines.
Key duties include:
- Ensuring financial reporting objectives are met within deadlines, without compromising quality or control of costs.
- Create and develop accurate standard and actual costing for all products on site.
- Spend time with relevant managerial staff across the factory and spend time on the factory floor to gain understanding of processes and costs in order to develop accurate costings.
- Continually update costings through regular review
- Collate and interpret production volume and labour cost data by department.
- Develop and complete such things as the weekly Gross Profit by product report and the monthly update of expenses/overhead figures
- Completion of weekly management accounts and the group dashboard
- Completion of Daily Gross Profit Reporting and monthly sales reports and capital expenditure reports.
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong IT skills and proficiency with MS Office Applications, in particular MS Excel.
- Have a relevant Accounting Qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- Preferably have a manufacturing background or from an environment with a strong focus on process efficiency.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational, time management and attention to detail skills.
- A self-starter and have the ability to shape the role to the continuing needs of the business.
- The ability to work within a team as well as independently.
What you'll get in return
A challenging and varied interim assignment, a competitive rate of pay with holiday pay and pension - plus the chance of a permanent role in time for the right candidate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76043900