LOCATION: Near Stroud
DAILY TIMES: 07.48 – 16.30 Mon – Thurs and 07.48 – 12.30 Fri
START DATE: Immediate
PAY: £30,000pa plus benefits (life insurance, 5% Pension contribution)
TEMP OR PERM: Perm RoleJob: Design Engineer
ESS Employment Ltd are seeking a practical hands on designer who thrives in a new product development role.The Design Engineer will be given a large degree of autonomy in developing new and iterative designs for equipment.A self-starter in uncertain situations, able to research and develop designs through self –built prototypes, CAD, in-house manufacturing facilities and outsourced designs.
1.Assist the Engineering Manager to deliver all new product development projects to time and budget.
2.Create product designs from conceptual briefs and realise as prototypes and completed manufacturing ready solutions.
3.Validate designs with testing and record results.
4.Organise and implement design changes on established products.
5.Significantly contribute to the design improvement and cost reduction of all products.
6.Identify any compliance standards required for CE accreditation of products. (Excluding Electronic / Electrical elements)
7.Maintain up to date product Technical Construction Files.
8.Adhere to all the companies’ procedures defined in the QMS (Quality Management System)
1. Produce designs in 3D CAD and 2D manufacturing drawings thereof using Solidworks, fabrication skills with a strong emphasis on folded sheet metal and plastic moulding.
2. Create and maintain technical product literature using Solidworks, MS Office, Photoshop, Coal Draw
3. Create testing procedures and record results to validate product.
4. Input into Engineering change management.
5. Identify Suppliers of proprietary components and manufacturing processes.
6. Work with external suppliers to develop manufacturing solutions to product designs using your commercial awareness and manufacturing knowledge.
7. Create physical product prototypes
8. Define and manage product changes in MRP
9. Prepare costs estimates for products BOMs
10. Troubleshooting, testing and validation of mechanical elements of products.
Qualifications / Experience prerequisites:
1.Apprentice served in a manufacturing environment and 10+ years’ experience.
2.BSc / BEng in Mechanical Engineering, Product Design or related subject and 5 years’ experience.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75986444