Senior Product Designer (GLO)
We are seeking a creative, innovative and motivated individual to join the Global Learning & Communications team as a Senior Product Designer. Reporting to the Senior Design Manager, you will work as part of a highly skilled cross-functional learning, training and communications team where together we will craft experiences that are unique, intuitive and highly engaging.
We run two bespoke responsive web platforms: our internal communications and training platform for 4,000 employees, called ExpediaGLO.com; and a Help Center that is used by hundreds of thousands of hotels. You'll design impactful experiences across both channels that enhance, support and encourage learning.
We make it easy for our audiences to get the information they need to be successful, when they need it. We will help you develop design solutions that are elegant, efficient and balance build effort and value.
- Collaborating with product managers and development teams, and a broad range of other team members, to take on complex business problems whilst meeting audience needs.
- Crafting user interfaces. Balancing pixel perfect attention to detail with lo-fi prototyping. You will be User focused, build powerful and engaging experiences and crafting with the user's needs in mind
- Creating and showcasing new concepts that challenge your colleagues and continue to make our internal Learning and Communications platform unique, innovative, and ahead of the competition. With this you will be maintaining and communicating an effective design system.
- Plan, conduct and evaluative user research, gathering actionable insights to improve our user experience.
- Continually finding ways to maximize the efficiency of workflow between development and design and working to help shape product vision and strategy.
Who you are:
- You flourish when collaborating with your peers and with other disciplines and believe in failing fast, getting something real in front of the user as quickly as possible to test and validate.
- You enjoy the detail - you're committed to quality.
- You're agile and can move and adapt with business and team priorities.
- You're a logical thinker, that can apply creative solutions to complex problems. You definitely are a strong communicator and are able to get across complex concepts in a simple and straightforward way.
- You're adept at gathering and applying insight from research and analytics to drive product design decisions.
- You might even love to travel!
- Experience in both UX and UI or as a Product Designer, or similar role.
- Degree in relevant field. (Graphic Design, Interaction Design, etc.)
- A curious, inquisitive and structured approach to your work.
- Solid understanding of interaction and information design.
- Experience of working with design systems.
- Excellent skills with design and prototyping software (e.g. Adobe CS, Sketch, Invision, Balsamic etc).
- An understanding of native, hybrid, responsive and mobile platform capabilities and design conventions.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to clearly articulate design rationale.
- Excellent time and workload management skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Proven experience working with external suppliers to build high quality products.
- 4 years+ professional design experience.
- Portfolio demonstrating expert use of typography, color, imagery, grid systems, user flows, interaction design
- Experience in e-learning / web based learning / Learning management systems.
- Experience in graphic design / visual design.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76052023