- January start
- 'Good' Ofsted
- 130-160 daily rate (dependent on experience)
- Excellent on-site facilities
- Greenwich - excellent transport links from London
I am currently working with a 'Good' SEN school that caters for primary and secondary aged students with SLD, PMLD and ASD based in the Royal Borough of Greenwich who are looking for a primary SLD Teacher to start in January on a full time basis. Primary teachers will need to be able to teach across the curriculum and differentiate lessons according to their needs. As a primary teacher you will complete 1:1 support for students including assisting in personal care tasks (feeding, changing, toileting etc.). This primary teacher role would suit both experienced fully qualified teachers from SEN schools or mainstream primary schools - experience supporting learners with SLD would be advantageous though not a necessity.
The ideal primary teacher will have the following:
- Has had classroom based experience either in mainstream or SEN
- Has experience teaching SLD students
- Strong subject knowledge of the national curriculum
- Experience using PECs and Makaton (preferable but not essential)
- Team Teach (A huge bonus but not essential)
- Has QTS
The school is set across 2 different sites which are located 10 minutes' walk away from each other in Plumstead. The primary site is a purpose built building with a huge range of facilities on site including soft play area, hoisting equipment in every classroom, sensory rooms and hydrotherapy pool. The school works with an adapted National Curriculum which suits the needs of all its children and they use their own levelling system to keep track of progress made by all students.
If you are looking for a change of position from January then please send through your CV today, interviews will be taking place after October half term.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76014013