Salary: GBP 32,000 - GBP 38,000
Our client, the world's leading professional body for qualifications and standards in land, property, infrastructure and construction is looking for a GIMA Auditor to join their existing team.
- Performing regulatory review visits as detailed in the company Monitoring and Investigation Rules 2007 and their Designated Professional Body Rules 2013.
- Establishing that any general insurance mediation activity (GIMA) being undertaken is compliant with their Designated Professional Body scheme granted under Part XX of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000
- Assessing the adequacy of controls and procedures in place to meet with their Rules of Conduct
- Influencing best practice and technical standards
- Escalating regulatory issues/concerns arising from regulatory review visits as appropriate
- Providing follow up advice on issues raised in reports and supporting the wider regulatory function which may include attendance at disciplinary panels
- Contributing to activities in a variety of mediums to engage with and educate the profession
- Develop and deliver outstanding regulatory services for CPD events, roadshows and workshops in an agile and flexible format, utilising technology options to maximise attendance and cost savings
- Ensure a consistent approach to delivering an outstanding customer experience by undertaking the agreed number of Regulatory Review Visits
- Maintain data integrity of internal systems through accurate, timely updates of work management system
- Promote the company as a 21st century global professional body through contributing to improved regulatory, standards and operational processes and adding value through regulation.
- Provide technical expertise, guidance and support as required for the proper performance of the department
- Offer constructive guidance and advice in the form of oral and written reports to regulated firms, members and other relevant stakeholders
- Where appropriate provide a written report and or a statement which is suitable to be used as evidence of breaches of relevant rules and standards for relevant stakeholders, support regulatory activities which may include monitoring, investigatory and disciplinary (including attendance at panels) outcomes
- To provide CPD, advice, guidance materials and training on a one to one and group basis to an internal or external audience on matters relating to their rules and standards
- Act as a mentor and ambassador for them; treating people fairly and professionally at all times
- Demonstrable knowledge of general insurance mediation activity and an understanding of FCA requirements
- Experience of applying investigative, analytical and problem-solving skills to effectively review data, documents and records to draw conclusions and write reports
- Relevant experience of making evidence and risk based decisions with reference to rules, standards, regulations or legislation
- Experience of working in a regulatory, law enforcement, investigative, or similar background
- Degree or equivalent professional experience
- IT experience, including using all Microsoft Office programmes and experience of data entry systems
- Experience of working within a customer service environment
- Being willing to travel with overnight stays, possess a full driving licence and have access to own car
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76042602