Finance Director - Progressive Organisation
A Multi Academy Trust formed from two very highly respected schools/colleges in Southampton is recruiting a Finance Director. The Organisation is well established and very well thought of. This is a senior role for an excellent finance person with strong commercial experience. This role partners the CEO and will be a key driving force behind the success of the Organisation as strong financial management is core to the Academy thriving. The role will be progressive due to a lot of organisational change and future growth plans. This role is exciting in part because you will be part of an Organisation that has outstanding ethics and is doing amazing things within the Community.
The role is a key role within the business, working in very close partnership with the CEO. You will be leading a small team and specific duties for the position will include:
- Work with senior team members to grow the business by formulating strategies and plans
- Preparation and submission of monthly and annual accounts
- Formulation and presentation of annual budgets and targets
- Review of accounts and investigation of variances
- Assist with investment decisions
- Overall control of all financial transactions and accountancy matters, including audit systems
- Capital expenditure – evaluation and preparation of submissions
- Insurance and risk management
- Overall cash management
- Ensuring that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met
The Ideal Candidate
This is a very commercially focused role so the successful candidate will need to demonstrate a strong commercial capability. You will need to be driven and ambitious, so your CV will need to demonstrate a progressive work history. The Organisation requires you to be a Qualified Accountant and have a strong academic achievement. Communication skills are clearly essential and this role will also require you to have strong IT skills. The role is busy, so you will need to be able to absorb high levels of pressure and be able to make critical decisions. You should also be able to demonstrate excellent leadership, the ability to work pro-actively and have a ‘can do’ attitude.
This role has generous benefits including 35 days holiday (excluding bank holidays) and employer pension contributions of around 14%.
We anticipate a high volume of applications so unfortunately cannot reply to every individual application. Please assume therefore if you do not hear from us within 5 working days that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76037053