Linux / DevOps Specialist
Linux / DevOps Specialist
Travel: Travel and work on client sites when required
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Join Accenture Operations and you will become part of the largest and most diverse group of business operations specialists in the world. You will be part of a team which provides business process excellence, implements leading cloud technology and builds and transforms client infrastructure services.
We are constantly seeking new ways to achieve high performance in our clients’ business operations! We provide technology-enabled business process services to deliver business outcomes and are constantly seeking new ways to achieve high performance in our clients’ business operations.
What responsibilities will you have?
Delivering Linux support & administration activities, including support, administration and configuration of Linux operating system and / or using DevOps deployment tools within a Linux environment (public Cloud or private hosted). Business as usual or project support including troubleshooting, tuning, patching, deployments, configuration changes and design. You will be dedicated and committed to delivering outstanding customer experiences.
- Incident remediation and root cause analysis
- Deployment of packages using central management DevOps tools
- Undertaking capacity and performance management of Linux systems
- Risk management and mitigation.
- Operational knowledge of builds, upgrades, deployments, security, compliance and patching processes
- Management of hardware and software issues
- Ownership of complex changes and work packages
- Producing and maintaining support documentation
- Reviewing and updating configuration information
- Manage and enhance existing automations to calibrate and improve ‘checks’ further
- Design automation solutions to address fresh requirements to help avoid repeat ‘avoidable’ incidents
This role is based from a multi-client delivery centre where production systems are maintained under a rigorous change management process. There will be a mandatory requirement to be able to travel and work on client sites for extended period of times when required and you will be required to be on call on a rota basis. The successful candidate will be able to be flexible with working hours to meet the needs of the business and its clients.
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- The successful candidate will be a senior skilled DevOps SME with Cloud / Infrastructure skills
- Strong skills in managing and resolving Linux / Deployment related incidents
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely whilst demonstrating expert knowledge within the Linux / DevOps product range
- Proven experience performing operational systems administration support of Oracle / Red Hat Linux in an enterprise wide environment
- Ability to plan and implement complex Linux changes, including step-by-step planning
- Strong Linux /DevOps troubleshooting fault finding skills
- Proven Infrastructure / Cloud expertise, including the knowledge and ability to automate traditional checks
- Ability to work within a team and in co-operation with other teams/third parties
- Deployment tools - knowledge of deploying/configuring code using one or more of the following: Puppet / Chef / Team City / Ansible / GitHub / GitLab
- Experience of Shell Scripting
- Server provisioning via automated technologies - Kickstart, VMWare deployment
- Network multi-pathing, volume administration, user authentication
- Familiarity with Winbind (Unix integration with AD)
- DNS, NTP, Apache
- Operating system patching; SpaceWalk, YUM, Satellite server,
- Use of Amazon Web Services or Azure public cloud Management consoles.
- Familiarity with vCloud / VMWare
- DNS setup and configuration, LDAP, NIS
- Experience in architecture design and documentation work covering a broad range of technologies such as cloud, virtualisation, DevOps, server, storage and networking
- Experience in performing technology and process analysis, to recommend solutions that improve service, lower costs and prevent operational issues
- Experience in enterprise class architectures (High Availability, Disaster Recovery, Replication, Secure hosting, etc.)
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Other UNIX systems e.g. AIX 5, 6, 7 , Solaris 9, 10
- Managing devices hosted in the public cloud
- Migrating to public cloud
- Cloud capabilities/service offerings
- Security/Identity management
- Directory Services
- Storage – blobs, hybrid
- Design - DR resiliency
What academic qualifications do you need?
- Degree in relevant subject or UNIX / DevOps Vendor certifications
What’s in it for you?
All our Operations professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com. Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 30/11/2017
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/76061997