Finance Business Partner Property
This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing UK Finance Function Team here at Dixons Carphone!
We are looking to hire an experienced Finance Business Partner to partner with the business to maximise the profitability of the UK Retail estate supporting and challenging the organisation to deliver great results. The jobholder will lead and motivate the virtual team responsible for this category in the Reporting, Financial Planning and Accounting and Control Centres of Excellence (CoE).
- Business Partner with the Property Directors and his/her leadership team to ensure commercial opportunities are maximised and risks mitigated – maintain a high level of challenge and robustness where appropriate
- Property and Retail – Work closely with the Retail BP to analyse retail performance and deliver high quality support and challenge to the Business Retail and Property,
- Commercial Analysis and Support: Provide detailed understanding and insight on day to day operational results, identify opportunities to drive value, present the results in a clear manner at key operational forums all supported by the Reporting CoE (as required)
- Budgeting and Forecasting – Be accountable for short and medium term planning for Retail payroll costs and all Property costs delivering a fully aligned, accurate and challenging plan (supported by the Financial Planning CoE).
- Strategic planning – work with the business to develop the long term strategic plans for the Retail store estate and owning the development of the related financial model
- Decision Support & Analysis - develop robust business cases, tracking delivery of initiatives and associated enabler costs. Measuring performance via a robust post implementation review
- Reporting – develop and deliver robust and insightful reports, with the Reporting CoE, to drive improvements
- Accounting advice – advise the Accounting & Control CoE on best practice and the financial accounting implications of new initiatives, seeking guidance where necessary and ensuring optimal treatments are implemented
- Cross Functional Working – work closely with the Head of Retail, Property & Travel and Travel Business Partner, along with other areas of the business to ensure the Retail are fully aligned and the commercial drivers fully reflected in the results, forecasts and budgets.
You will have:
- Professionally qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA), with post qualification experience gained within a large retail/services organisation
- Strong commercial business partnering skills and experience
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with an ability to manage and influence senior stakeholders
- Strong accounting and financial management experience with an ability to apply financial knowledge to commercial and operational areas and explain clearly to others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (able to tell a complex story in a compelling manner via all means of communication)
- An ability to analyse and understand complex data and situations to recommend the optimal solution
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.
Main Details and Responsibilities
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76049315