OCS are looking to offer a fantastic opportunity for a Management Accountant to join our finance team, you will have great exposure to some exciting elements of a global organisation.
You will be supporting and working with the FP&A Manager in achieving the objectives of the Finance team.
This will involve providing accurate and timely management accounts, forecasts and budget for the business units, including business partnering the areas directors.
This role will have a strong Business Partnering element, where you will have an opportunity to integrate and liaise with the rest of the organisation and be part of 2 growing divisions within OCS, specifically our IT and Client Services/Marketing departments.
Your focus will be to deliver service excellence to all internal stakeholders and ensure that our timelines and key performance indicators are adhered to at all times along with seeking continuous improvements to core finance processes and document procedures.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing monthly management accounts and present to central overhead budget holders, including variance analysis, for example IT & Marketing Act as business partner to the shared function directors
- Analysing and understanding key variances, getting behind the cause of any inaccurate postings or costs that need investigating by the business, including challenging the cost centre owners to provide information when necessary. Suggesting areas for cost reduction
- Completing monthly accruals and prepayments, combined with analysis and explanations
- Supporting the production of periodic forecast, Budget and long term plans
- Completing balance sheet account reconciliations, ensuring any risks are identified and mitigated on a timely basis. Ensure robustness and completeness of financial records. To also encourage transparency with reporting to stakeholders
- Identifying ways to improve the quality and integrity of the data and processes, implement automation where feasible. Develop and improve procedures, adopting best practice for the industry and driving continuous process improvement, specifically for payroll processes in conjunction with the Financial accountant - payroll
- Supporting and assisting other members of the team to cover absences, peak work periods or to provide training when necessary
- Responding to questions asked by OCS staff and other parties. To make preparations for year end audit, to collate information, and liaise with external auditors
- Providing collaborative support to Senior Finance management in their duties where required
- Preparing ad hoc reports as required
- ACCA, CIMA or ACA qualified or part qualified
Working experience/Personal attributes
- Previous experience in management accounts/reporting, reconciling balance sheet accounts, preparing journals, completing key accruals and prepayment calculations, and handling large volumes of data
- Excellent people skills with the ability to explain finance to non-finance staff members
- Background of working in a large scale, fast paced organisation
- Advanced excel knowledge including lookups and pivot tables
- Previous knowledge of working with an ERP/accounting system preferably SAP
- Attention to detail
- Proactive, methodical and analytical nature
- Comfortable working to tight deadlines
- Able to work as part of a team and independently
- Excellent problem solving skills along with the ability to identify and escalate matters which require remedial action
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Persistent but professional manner capable of influencing others
Please note, this is initially a 6 month Fixed Term Contract.
The OCS Group is one of the UK's leading providers of facilities management and property support services, employing over 25,000 people in the UK. We have been at the forefront of developing integrated Facilities Management, becoming a seamless extension of our clients' businesses by delivering best in class services. How have we achieved such success? It is through our dedicated teams of industry experts who work in partnership with our clients to deliver innovative FM solutions.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75962615