Year 1 Class Teacher with TLR - Croydon - ASAP Start
Year 1 Teacher - Thornton Heath - Immediate start September 2017
- Year 1 Class Teacher with potential Phase Leader responsibilities
- £28,660 - £39,006 with TLR (depending on experience)
- Thornton Heath, Croydon
- September/October 2017 start
This 2 form entry Infant school is looking for an experienced year 1 teacher to start as soon as possible. This is an exciting time for the Infant and Nursery School following their progress to a 'Good' Ofsted judgement in July 2017. They continue our partnership with the other schools within the Academy Trust and aim to establish a close relationship with parents and carers so that everyone works together to ensure each child's happiness and success.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced KS1 Teacher who either has experience as a year lead or is ready to make the step up and take on an additional responsibility.
AIMS OF THE SCHOOL
This Infant and Nursery School has a diverse population incorporating many different cultures, religions and languages. We appreciate how all our differences enrich our community and the learning that takes place here. We strongly believe that everyone is worthy of respect and should be treated equally.
The ethos of the Infant and Nursery School is based on mutual respect, care and consideration for others. They aim to provide a caring and structured environment where children's enthusiasms can be fostered. They recognise that children have individual needs the schools Mission Statement is that Beulah they will promote positive relationships throughout the school by creating an atmosphere of harmony and co-operation, with the adults acting as positive role models for the children in partnership with parents and the whole community. Their purpose is to provide a high standard of education, giving the maximum opportunity to realise each person's potential.
The positive ethos of the school places emphasis on praise and reward rather than punishment, encouraging their children to develop self-control and good behaviour, attributes that they need in order for them to learn effectively.
They do not allow racist or sexist name calling or racial/sexual harassment of any kind at this school.They do not tolerate bullying. their behaviour policy is clear with rewards and sanctions that are applied consistently. they do not want any child or group of children to be made to feel inferior or excluded from the life of the school.
They believe all children at the Infants should have equal opportunities in terms of their work, their play and relationships so that they can develop and go on to use these opportunities positively in the future.
THE SCHOOL'S ETHOS AND VALUES
VALUES As part of the Pegasus Academy Trust our statement makes clear to everybody, what makes the schools across the Trust special
- We care
- We are proud of ourselves and proud of each other
- We are safe, healthy and happy
- We have good manners
- We strive to be independent learners
- Can confidently teach Year 1 and potentially lead the year group
- Has a track record of good or outstanding teaching with high expectations of achievement & behaviour
- Can demonstrate high standards of classroom practice
- Have an understanding of a range of assessment for learning strategies
- Possess strong Numeracy and Literacy skills, specialists in these areas will be of interest
- Provides engaging and creative lessons which will encourage learning and development
The school is looking for Teachers who are passionate about Education and are looking to inspire their students.
For more information about this role, please follow the process below and submit your CV.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76032556