Trade Marketing Manager (to £45k benefits)
SSP are recruiting for a Trade Marketing Manager to join our Trade Marketing team - in this team we create and implement opportunities to deliver incremental revenue into the business through Trade Marketing and Partnership activities.
The Trade Marketing Manager will partner with suppliers to negotiate joint business plans to deliver marketing activity which both secures existing income as well as identifies and delivering opportunities for incremental investment.
A calendar of activity is already well established but this individual would work with the Senior Trade Marketing Manager to seek opportunities beyond the norm and seek new investment streams into SSP through marketing activity, partnerships, commercialising assets and local marketing activity.
Success in this role is highly dependent on an effective relationship with our operational teams so that trade marketing initiatives can be designed with a good understanding of operational processes (including procurement and supply chain) with understanding the impact on front line activity, and in order to support the teams on compliance.
This role is a highly commercial role with key measurable targets being:
- Delivery of Trade Marketing plan - securing planned income
- Year on year investment growth in trade marketing/partnerships
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- Experience of using price, range, display and space, upselling, margin and category optimisation to deliver commercial results
- Experience of Trade Marketing (visibility/promotions/point of sale/merchandising and use of space) within retail / travel / catering or other relevant environment
- Highly numerate and commercially astute with history of commercial delivery.
- Some purchasing/buying experience would be highly beneficial
- Proven negotiator with ability to flex style according to the situation
- Experience of partnerships would be beneficial
- Proven history of setting and delivering targets
- Experience of creating and commercialising new opportunities and presenting them persuasively to both internal and external stakeholders
- Must be able to develop innovative ideas to drive income streams into SSP
- Experience of managing and influencing key stakeholders
- Experience of building and managing external relationships
- Experience of building detailed plans and executing them
- Excellent knowledge of external trends in the food and beverage and/or grocery industry
- Good understanding of the impact of external factors on growth, including competition and seasonality
Desirable skills / personal attributes
- Degree level or above
- Highly analytical and commercial
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to manage own time and prioritise effectively
- Able to work to tight deadlines and within strict frameworks under pressure
- Focused, tenacious and resilient
- Innovative and bold - able to find new ways of doing things, challenge the status quo, take an entrepreneurial approach (measured risk, high reward)
- Ability to build and work to a solid plan to achieve goals but not afraid to adapt to changes to take advantage of opportunities and quick wins as they arise
In return for your skills and experience, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package including:- contributory pension, great training and learning and development opportunities as well as a discount scheme involving lots of high street retailers and service providers.
SSP Group Plc is a world-wide retail catering company with operations in 32 countries and employing over 30,000 people. In the UK, we operate well known branded restaurants, pubs, bars, cafés and convenience stores in airports and train stations.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76038361