IT Field Technician
We are seeking out technical minds with a clear passion for problem solving, to join our Service Department based at our Hammersmith office. You will be responsible for delivering the very best IT support to a range of clients, resolving daily IT issues and ensuring their IT infrastructure is performing at an optimised level.
As a field engineer, you will be responsible for completing client visits to resolve issues which the helpdesk team haven’t been able to complete remotely, often due to a lack of network access. You will work closely with our Advanced Support Team to complete onsite work as efficiently as possible. You are required to hold a full and valid UK driving licence.
We support a broad range of clients and we have to be able to adapt to support all kinds of IT infrastructure. Therefore, our technical staff need to be multi-skilled, flexible and focused on delivering our clients the highest quality of service.
Whilst we’re interested in your existing knowledge, we also value continued learning and we can support this in a number of ways. We will teach you about our industry leading products and solutions, and will give you the opportunity to take on fully funded Microsoft qualifications to improve upon your knowledge and expertise.
Experience in a similar field role is advantageous but not a requirement, you will, however, be expected to support a variety of systems.
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows (Server/Desktop), Apple and Linux
- Server Roles: File Shares, DNS, Active Directory and Remote Access
- Server Applications: Microsoft Exchange, Firewalls, SQL, Backup Tools
- Desktop Applications: Microsoft Office, Office 365, Antivirus and Sage
- Networking: Routers, Firewalls, NAS and Switches
- Printers: MFP, Laser and Inkjet
- Mobile: Smart Phones and Tablets
- Domain Management: Web Hosting, FTP and DNS Records
- Email: Routing, Spam and Archiving
- Typical career progression is within 12 months
- Eligible for yearly bonus & annual pay rise
- Company pension
- Company mobile phone
- Full training provided
- Incentives, treats and outings
- Huge opportunities to progress
- Recreational games area
- Oyster card provided to cover travel
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76031402