Assistant Finance Manager FTSE 100
Marks Sattin are currently working with one of the most well known FTSE 100 firms in North Yorkshire as they look to expand their Controls team.
About the role:
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a qualified Accountant to join a FTSE 100 business in North Yorkshire. You will be reporting to the Finance Manager and will be responsible for operating the controls function for the Group and its subsidiaries. There are exciting opportunities in financial control compliance to drive process improvement, as well as managing the control testing and reporting for the UK business cluster.
This role will have regular interaction with the plc team, subsidiaries, branches, project teams and Business Partners offering wide scope for business interaction.
- Manage the planning, production and review of financial control testing and reporting for the UK business cluster including scope reviews, walkthroughs and documentation.
- Lead the financial control audit close meetings, including presenting any findings to the Group Head of Internal Audit and business management.
- Proactively liaise with Internal Audit and Group Controls on control gaps and remediation.
- Prepare half year control certifications and present results to the CFO.
- Main point of contact for external auditors on financial controls testing.
- Periodic review of business process to identify improvements, of which the scope will be defined by management.
- Understand business requirements and interpret policies and procedures.
- Develop value-add and commercially pragmatic recommendations to improve operations.
- Other ad-hoc projects as required.
You will have:
- Fully qualified ACA or ACCA.
- A good understanding of a strong control environment and consistently aim for improvement.
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships quickly and effectively with colleagues. Seeks and develops new relationships that will support the Team.
- Appreciates risk and able to liaise with third parties (internal or external) where appropriate.
- Able to respond to business changes from a Compliance perspective. Proactive and demonstrates initiative.
- Able to communicate clearly and appropriately to a wide variety of audiences (in all formats).
- Flexible, able to consistently meet deadlines / consistently motivated and focused on delivery.
- Experience of managing/supervising staff.
In return for your expertise my Client is offering an excellent rate of remuneration, bonus and generous pension along with an enviable benefits package.
Interested candidates should apply ASAP for immediate consideration.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76039515