Pattonair is one of the world’s largest procurers in the aerospace and defence industry. We help our customers get the right product at the right time as well as providing proven supply chain expertise.
With over forty years of experience, Pattonair consistently offer competitively priced products, world class performance, the highest quality standards and unparalleled customer service. We have global coverage from dedicated facilities to provide a range of services from product distribution, direct line feed and kitting, through to bespoke supply chain solutions and consultation.
At Pattonair, we have an opportunity for a Systems Archtiect to join the Infrastructure Function at our Derby operations.
As a System Architect you will enable and support the achievement of our global business objectives through innovative technical solutions that are reliable, secure and cost effective across the development and infrastructure platforms. Work with all business functions to define, improve, support and drive efficiency improvements through business processes and functional objectives
You will provide technical expertise and solutions to enable supportability and advancement of the global infrastructure. Manage the end to end elements of a technical stream, whilst remaining current on other aspects of IT infrastructure. Including, but not limited to: Servers, SANs, Management systems, Networking (Routers, Switches, Firewalls), Systems analysis, Anti- Virus/Malware, Network monitoring/control software etc.
- Responsible for installation, support, maintenance and administration of global IT systems, servers, switches, firewalls and communication equipment to ensure maximum efficiency and security for Pattonair.
- Responsible for implementation, configuration and maintenance of Windows server services in the provision of standard business applications to ensure the continuity of the business.
- Second line helpdesk support for Pattonair globally to ensure that local area network devices, peripherals and services are operational or returned to operational in the quickest possible time.
- ·Management of DHCP, DNS, GPO and AD for Pattonair to ensure connectivity and service delivery is maintained.
- ·Responsible for full life cycle of support, upgrades, maintenance and administration of the corporate infrastructure and cloud based services to ensure effective communication is maintained.
- ·Support, upgrade, maintenance and administration of anti-virus/malware protection and backup solutions to ensure adequate systems protection and disaster recovery.
- ·Participation in improvement activities at department / company level to enhance business performance.
- ·Comply with all relevant internal rules, policies and procedures, including those relating to Health and Safety, Data Protection and all those contained within the issued Employee Handbook and Policies and Procedures Manual.
- ·Commitment to travel as required; to guarantee IT systems are available in order for the business to maintain delivery.
- ·Has the work ethic and discipline to care about the business, do the work, do it right and do it until it is finished
- ·Undertake other duties and tasks that may be allocated that are appropriate to the job wherever Pattonair has offices.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76005828