We now have an exciting opportunity for a Category Manager to join us as we continue on our journey where both change and growth feature heavily.
The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing customer focused product decisions including product, pricing, promotion, placement, people and performances.
The successful candidate will also have responsibility over negotiating with suppliers and providing leadership and strategic direction to the Category Team, enabling all sub-categories to achieve the financial plan.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and delivering the Range plans
- Ensuring the category and sub-category budgets are achieved
- Working with the Supply Manager on the availability of their category
- Building supplier relationships and collaboration opportunities
- Negotiate annual agreements with suppliers to improve the commercial outlook for Bestway
- Negotiate / upsell Bestway’s additional capabilities, for example Digital Advertising
- Ensure that all necessary paperwork / confirmations are accurately recorded and that rebates / accruals are invoiced correctly
- Being responsible for the overall direction and performance of particular categories
- Executing Category Reviews and monitoring their performance
- Creating Category Business Plans from the annual category position profile
- Ensuring new trends are brought into the business and an exit strategy for delisted products is in place
- Full launch plans to be developed working with our Marketing, Sales and Operations teams
- Developing and managing the promotion pricing strategy and promotional plans
- Evaluating promotion performance and refining promotional plans to maintain successful promotional strategies
- Ensuring timely and appropriate exit strategies for non-seasonal products
- Ensuring appropriate items for markdown and on markdown to achieve planned sell-through and exit dates on seasonal product
- Monitoring market conditions to establish necessary price changes
- Ensuring Bestway has a competitive offer versus the market place
- Ensuring that Bestway can profitably compete within the market place
- Leading performance reviews quarterly with category team members
The successful candidate will be involved in negotiating with suppliers for markdown support, trade terms as well as negotiating all supplier contributions for new lines, website, The Great Rebate, EC magazine, branch openings and other identified opportunities.
The role will require you to develop and maintain competitor information to empower negotiations, and market knowledge; this being both wholesale and retail competitor information as well as taking responsibility for category communication in the weekly branded newsletter to branches.
To take on this exciting opportunity you’ll ideally have an understanding of retail/wholesale products, services and policies with experience in buying, inventory or analysis. Knowledge of key business drivers eg, pricing, promotion, range and product trends coupled with strong planning and negotiation skills is key.
You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence stakeholders effectively. You will be comfortable balancing and delivering on a wide range of challenges and tasks, be adaptable and flexible with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
At Bestway, we’re passionate about meeting our customers’ needs and working as a team to grow our business. So if you’re looking for an opportunity to make an impact on an ambitious company that’s built its way up from humble beginnings, this is the role for you.
This role will be contracted to 44 hours per week, in addition we offer an attractive benefits package including an excellent salary commensurate with experience, company car, generous holiday entitlement, private healthcare and a contributory pension.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76035935