Year 4 Teacher needed - Southwark - Jan 2018 start
YEAR 4 CLASS TEACHER - SOUTHWARK - JANUARY 2018 START
- Year 4 Class Teacher with potential Humanities Lead
- £28,660 - £39,006 with TLR (depending on experience)
- January 2018 start, potentially sooner for right candidate
We are in need of an exception year 4 class teacher to work in a small 1 form entry primary school in Southwark. This role has the potential for a Humanities Lead TLR.
Ideally to start in January 2018, there is also the potential to start sooner for the right candidate.
- This is a School that everyone - Pupils, Staff, Parents and Governors are proud to be part of.
- They want our pupils to have the very best beginning to their school career and our rich and varied curriculum is designed to ensure each child achieves their fullest potential.
- Pupils leave us having gained the learning skills and attitudes that will equip them for life and which will help them to be whole people, confident, competent; contented and ready to continue on their own personal journey to success.
- A wide range of after school clubs are provided at the school as well as our own breakfast, after school and holiday schemes providing high quality care from 7.45am to 6pm. We have a children's centre on site with many popular activities and opportunities for parents and children throughout the year.
- This Primary School was opened in 1967 to serve the newly constructed Tustin Estate and local community.
- They are a one form entry primary school with a nursery class. Our oversubscribed school is very popular and well regarded in the local community with 220 pupils on roll.
- The school provides good accommodation on a single level making us accessible to wheelchair users and pupils with other disabilities.
- We have fantastic outdoor facilities with many trees and green spaces including a pond, large open play area and astro-turf pitch for organised games and other sporting activities.
- A children's centre was opened in 2007 to provide additional activities and services for parents and children in the local area.
Consistently achieving above the national average for EYFS, KS1 and KS2
- Early Years Foundation Stage: 70% of pupils are achieving a good level of development
- Reading - 83%
- Writing - 73%
- Maths - 80%
- Reading - 77% (national average - 66%)
- Writing - 87% (national average - 74%)
- Maths - 93% (national average - 70%)
- SPAG - 90% (national average - 72%)
- Combined - 77% (national average - 52%)
As you can see by the above results, the school have very high standards for their pupil's attainment.
The staff are a tight knit family and the school are committed to ensuring they take the time to find the right candidate for this position. The position would be to start in January but there could be the potentially for the role to start sooner for the right candidate.
If you think you would be suitable for this role and would like to apply, please submit your CV by following the process below.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76034739