Digital Business Analyst
Who you’ll be working withThe Custom Based Solutions (CBS) business unit is a core part of Capgemini UK’s Application Services organisation. CBS specialises in the use of leading edge technologies, forward looking platforms and agile delivery processes to develop business solutions for large private and public sector organisations.
The CBS capability teams provide the breadth of skills and experience required to undertake the end-to-end delivery of these systems, services and solutions, helping them to be successful in delivering high-quality solutions to time and budget. As a core part of the CBS capability, the Business Analysis (BA) team is the home to approximately 45 BAs who work on these leading delivery projects and programmes.
The focus of your roleAs a Business Analyst you will be responsible for business analysis activities on project and programmes of all sizes. You will be able to understand our client’s business needs and be able to creatively shape and refine business solutions to meet those needs. In guiding and advising clients to help them develop and refine requirements, you must be able to quickly establish your credibility with client staff at all levels.
What you’ll do
- Working with stakeholders and business users from the customer to elicit, capture, analyse, refine and communicate / document their requirements
- Representing the customer (acting as a proxy) in support of the delivery teams throughout the project
- Representing the technical team in communication with the customer about the project delivery
- Providing support to the architects, designers and developers in the definition of technical solutions
- Working with User Experience and Information Architects in the definition of Customer Journeys and the production of wireframes and prototypes
- Validating / verifying that the functional and non-functional requirements are appropriately implemented within the solution
- Assisting with the estimation of timescales, resources and planning to successfully deliver a project
- Be a contributor to the creation of best practices through the identification of reusable project assets
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of the latest IT trends, best practices and technologies
What you’ll bringEssential
- A track record of working on development projects with demonstrable experience of at least 5 IT delivery projects
- Exposure to a digital suite of systems such as CRM, CMS, Mobile Apps, Social Media and Ecommerce
- Experience of working with a recognised Agile or Iterative development methodology (e.g. Scrum, XP, DSDM)
- Experience of Agile documentation including Backlogs, Customer Journeys, Use Cases, User Stories, Acceptance Criteria etc
- Experience of a variety of requirements elicitation techniques, (e.g. interviews, questionnaires, user observation, workshops, role playing and prototyping)
- Experience of analysis of both functional and non-functional requirements
- Experience of the full project lifecycle and a good understanding of project roles / activities (technical and non-technical) required for successful delivery
- Good facilitation and influencing skills – able to work with large groups of customers (of varying level of seniority from user to board level)
- Excellent communication skills – able to communicate with and present to internal teams and customers with technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Able to work both as part of a team or work on own
- Modelling of the business domain – process, rules and objects / data
- Experience of working in Scrum Master and/or Product Owner roles.
- User interface design / modelling skills (using tools such as Axure or Balsamiq)
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design Skills using UML (including use of tools such as the Rational product set, Enterprise Architect, Visio)
- Test definition and execution within system testing and UAT
- Formal requirements management/traceability (including use of tools)
- BCS/ISEB Qualifications in Business Analysis
- Agile certifications as Scrum Master and/or Product Owner
- Previous consulting experience within major consultancy or SI organisation
- Experience of working in a geographically distributed delivery team
What we’ll offer youProfessional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/75998094