Audit Senior Manager
Working closely with the audit partner you will be responsible for maintaining productive relationships with a range of clients across a number of industry sectors, including mutual funds, hedge funds and unit trusts arenas.
Benefits of Living in the Channel Islands
- A fantastic weather climate with longer sunshine hours than the UK mainland.
- Excellent exposure to some of the world’s leading financial services organisations
- Opportunity to get Big 4 exposure and strengthen your career platform
- High salary packages with lower taxes
- Excellent quality of life – Friendly people of all nationalities, excellent restaurants and social offerings along with excellent outdoor activities such as sports and music festivals
- A shorter commute meaning more time to enjoy yourself
- Good base to travel to the UK and Europe and enjoy different cultures.
- Prepare the audit plan, including review of the planning documentation, working paper file, financial statements and audit conclusions, which will include technical report writing.
- Ensure partners review and sign off planning papers, to ensure fieldwork of the audit can start within a timely manner
- Manage the audit process, including budgets and timescales, as well as completing required forms, providing commentary on accounts, summarising outstanding points to managers, analytical review, passing file to senior team members for review, and finalise all review points.
- Demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of UK GAAP and/or IFRS
- Take responsibility for technical matters and resolve any problems which may arise
- Ensure junior members of the audit team are aware of the significant risks, enabling them to understand the risks in order that they complete the audit to a satisfactory level.
- Ensure all audit staff within your designated team complete work within allocated timescales and to the standard required. If problems occur, seek ways to resolve matters quickly and efficiently
- Assist with setting targets and objectives for junior staff, as well as on the job training and coaching.
- Completing job appraisals for staff, assisting in identifying development needs and opportunities
- Specialise in marketing a particular area(s) of expertise, with a view to developing niche markets
- Have a full awareness of internal contacts services offered by departments across the firm, maximising cross selling opportunities
- Qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent)
- Solid experience in practice, 50% of which should be relevant audit experience
- Ideally worked within a Big 4 or Top 10 Firm
- Excellent technical and analytical skills
- Competent using MS Office
- Proven people management skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Proven planning and prioritising skills
- Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus