Network Engineer (National)
Network Engineer (National / Field Based)
£18k - £22k D.O.E and qualifications + excellent benefits package including career progression
N*B Additional supplement paid for London Weighting
Standard working hours are 8.30am – 4.30pm Mon – Fri
Our client has an opportunity for an experienced Network Engineer to work for their expanding digital communications company. The role is a field based, national role and as such will include national travel and some overnight stays.
As Network Engineer, you will be working on national contracts, and their customer base consists of some great companies such as Sky, BT, Vodafone, Travelodge, IHG and various social housing groups. No two days will be the same and your daily responsibilities will include;
- Network installation, configuration, and support for small, medium and large sized Wi-Fi projects
- Responsible for the installation and configuration of Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Wireless Controllers and Wi-Fi Access Points to pre-defined standards
- You will be involved in the rapid deployment of IT Networks nationally
- On-site deployment, configuration and commissioning of network hardware
- Conducting pre and post installation site surveys of wireless networks to pre-defined standards
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have the required skills and experience to undertake this role, including:
- Minimum of three years experience within the industry, installing and maintaining Wi-Fi networks
- Full Driving Licence is essential
- Health and Safety knowledge is an advantage,however, full training will be provided
- Working at heights is a necessity in this role and candidates who hold a working at heights certificate is an advantage however full training will be provided
- Strong IT network troubleshooting skills with decent exposure to routers, switches, wireless controllers and Wi-Fi access points
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Similar skills / experience; Network Engineer, Field Engineer, Wifi Installation Engineer, 1st Line Support, Technician,
- Salaried position £18k - £22k depending upon experience and qualifications
- Additional supplement paid for London Weighting
- Holidays are 20 days plus bank holidays
- Auto enrolment pension
- Sick pay is paid for 5 days per annum after the 1st year of employment. SSP is paid before and after 5 days
- Career progression
Successful candidates will be given a full DBS check
How to apply
If you wish to be considered for this Network Engineer job click ‘apply’. You will receive an email shortly after your application - you will need to read and respond to this to complete your application.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75954596