Robert Half are working with a large international software company who are looking for a Senior Accountant to join their finance function for a 6 month temporary position.
The role will entail:
- Manage and own the UK general ledger
- Reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts, working to strict monthly reporting deadlines reconciling these monthly to agreed timescales and analysing them as necessary
- Responsible for manual journal entries and spreadsheet imports
- Month end reporting to strict HQ deadlines
- Ensure financial & statutory compliance is maintained in EMEA eg global & local audits and filings
- Carry out SOX reconciliation of quarterly RSU (Restricted Stock Unit) payroll transactions to a detailed and tight timescale
- Build a strong working relationship with global finance teams
- Be a motivated self-starter, prepared to take ownership and responsibility for their role
- Provide support to colleagues to enable successful implementation of new ERP system
- Support the full accounting team with ad hoc tasks as requested
The succesful person will be:
- A qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent) with several years of relevant post-qualification experience
- US GAAP or US company experience is a huge advantage
- Have proven financial accounting experience, including having played a central role in financial reporting in an international organisation
- Possess strong integrity, communication and relationship skills
- Have proven resilience, being able to prioritise and manage time to meet tight deadlines
- Have previous experience of Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliant processes and controls
- Be a motivated, self-starting team player
This role is paying up to £65K or £325(Ltd) per day, you must be immediately available or on a short notice period.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.