Mechanical Design Engineer
Are you looking for a new role as a Mechanical Design Engineer? Interested in ensuring that form, fit, function and both ease of use and of manufacture are satisfied during the product design process? If the answer is yes, this role is for you!
The Mechanical Design Engineer need to be a lateral thinker, with the ability to turn an idea into a product! This is an exciting 12 month contract position with a global medical devices manufacturer.
You will be paid weekly, one week in arrears. The role is full time, 37 hours a week are to be worked and you will also be entitled to a pension plan and holiday pay.
- The ability to effectively turn customer requirements into design solutions
- Transposes own knowledge of manufacturing methods and limitations into cost effective design solutions.
- 3D-CAD modelling and detail in accordance with ISO/ASME and company standards including the use and understanding of, for example, Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing & weld specifications
- Participate in the systematic review of function and value analysis
- Orchestrate and participate in Design FMEA's
- Ensure that engineering designs are safe, effective and appropriately verified. Scope includes externally generated designs, 3-D models and drawings; ensuring that data conforms to company standards and worldwide Regulatory requirements
- Ability to perform the necessary engineering calculations or simulations that verify detail design and minimise physical testing
- Possesses an understanding of materials (surgical instrument materials and biomaterials), with the ability to rationalise appropriate selection criteria
- Possesses an appreciation of the implications of mechanical design, both during surgery and following the implantation of a medical device
- Assumes responsibility for own design commitments delivering to agreed timescales in line with project plans
- Take ownership of design related engineering changes, working with other project team members to ensure they are implemented in a timely manner
- Interact effectively with all levels of company management, surgeons, academics, manufacturing and design vendors
- Contribute to the creation and improvement of company procedures
- Convert ideas into patent memos and filed patents
Qualifications and experience:
- Possess a technically relevant minimum BEng or BSc Degree (MEng preferred)
- Plus 2 years of appropriate mechanical design/engineering experience
- Design experience from within the medical device field, is not a pre-requisite for the Design Engineer; all product design experience is valued
If this role is of interest to yourself, and matches your skills sets and experience then please click apply below to submit your CV. Please ensure your up to date contact details are on your CV before applying. If your application is shortlisted, we will call you and discuss the role in further detail to ensure this role is what you are looking for and meets our clients needs.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75986611