IT Infrastructure Engineer
Are you an experienced and motivated IT professional? If so our client are now recruiting for an IT Infrastructure Engineer and are looking for individuals just like you!
Prospects is the UK’s leading graduate careers expert, inspiring life-changing choices with unrivalled information, advice and opportunities for success. They’ve been bringing graduates and employers together for over 40 years and their satisfied clients include major blue-chip recruiters, local authorities and SMEs. They have a proud history, a commitment to quality and the development of their team, demonstrated by ISO9001 and Investors in People accreditations.
Due to continued success and growth, they are looking for an IT Infrastructure Engineer to join the team in Manchester.
What can they do for you?
- Competitive salary of £21,000 - £24,000 per annum
- 29 days holiday + bank holidays
- Workplace pension
- Monthly cash bonus
- Health Cash plan scheme
- 35 hour working week and excellent learning and development opportunities
IT Infrastructure Engineer Responsibilities:
Joining the IT team, you will be logging, investigating and assisting with Infrastructure support cases in a timely manner, alongside keeping abreast of recent in-house and commercial software developments and perform software deployments. Your responsibilities will also include:
- Maintaining web service uptimes and ensure 24/7 availability for critical services.
- Providing end user support for desktop, laptop and remote users.
- Providing stakeholders with regular updates for ongoing issues.
- Maintaining the IT infrastructure asset register as appropriate.
- Monitoring the daily health of systems by checking event logs and alerting relevant staff to potential issues.
- Performing server and workstation installations and upgrades when necessary.
- Assisting with system backups.
- Participating in the out of hours IT support rota.
Their ideal IT Infrastructure Engineer
The successful candidate will have proven ‘hands on’ experience in a technical role supporting corporate networks and workstations. With the ability to hit the ground running, you will be able to logically think through and fix issues that are sometimes outside the comfort zone. You will also possess:
- Software Application Deployment.
- Setting up and Administering Networks.
- Windows Server Administration.
- Windows 7 and Microsoft Office Administration.
- Installing Hardware.
- Experience of backing up systems.
- The ability to find solutions to technical challenges.
- Good communication skills both written and verball.
If you are looking for your next challenge as their IT Infrastructure Engineer then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76005927