IT Support Apprentice
In 2014 it was estimated that a Computer Support Specialist would be the highest career in demand as more businesses are online and more complicated technology was being developed.
Why not start your career now?
Baltic Training and X-Lab Ltd are excited to be recruiting for an IT Support Apprentice based at their offices in Leeds.
Established in 2006 by staff and students from the University of Leeds, the company is still located in Leeds and maintains very close links to the University, the School of Computing and the ground breaking research that the University generates. X-Lab has justifiably built a national reputation for successfully delivering ground breaking and innovative software applications within the UK National Health Service (NHS).
Due to their continued growth and development, they are looking for fresh talent who is keen to develop themselves into a highly skilled consultant
A wise man once said, "The bigger the challenge, the bigger the opportunity to grow" Apprenticeships are built around this principle. Apprenticeships are not an easy way out, they are a commitment and a journey on which you will learn to overcome challenges and breakdown barriers.
With the help of employers, an apprenticeship offers a structured and practical approach to learning. You will train in way that supports you, while you develop the skills you need to be successful in the fastest growing sector in the UK. If you're looking to revolutionise the way you learn, you are looking for an apprenticeship.
You will be working alongside existing staff and be mentored and trained to carry out the following duties:
- Provide first line support for customer queries
- Assist in diagnosing and troubleshooting system issues
- Effective management of all client communications through various mediums e.g.
- email, phone, support systems etc. in a timely manner
- Act as a point of escalation for any issue raised by end users
- Effectively utilise escalation processes to see issues through to resolution
- Ability to effectively transition from daily, routine tasks to urgent, immediate tasks and
- back again with ease
Training to be provided:
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in ICT
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- CompTIA A+
- ITIL Foundation
- Cloud Services and Disaster Recovery
- Coding and Logic
- Level 2 Functional Skills (Literacy, Numeracy and ICT)
Skills and qualifications required:
- 5 GCSE's A-C grades, including Math's and English.
- Passion for IT.
- Great organisational and communication skills.
- Good hardware and software knowledge.
The future is bright
Upon completion of the 12 month programme, there are real progression opportunities available. Along with your employer, you may decide to progress onto our level 4 programme and take your training even further.
Salary, hours and benefits
- £150.00 per week
- Full time (37.5 Hours per week)
Location and travel
This role is based in Leeds, with good access to public transport links for the surrounding area, with free car parking.
About Baltic Training
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We know there are dynamic, eager, young people out there. Young people who love this fast moving world, just as much as we do. They just need to transform that passion into the skills that employers need.
So that's exactly what we help them to do.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! When we receive your application, the talent scout for your area will be in touch to guide you through the next stage of the application process.
Good luck and we hope to hear from you soon!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76013527