Service Desk Apprentice
Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme, are offering this exciting opportunity to embark on a career as a Service Desk apprentice.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through online learning and practical experience. These qualifications are highly respected and sought after and the skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible chance at starting your professional career in the industry.Job Role
The company require a proactive IT Technician with an aptitude for communication and interest in Microsoft infrastructure technologies such as Windows.
Quickly assimilating new technologies, being able to apply what is learnt and showing a genuine enthusiasm for the technology are critical to this position’s success.
This role will initially be involved in supporting the business’ 150 users and you will be providing first line support, dealing with hardware builds and upgrades, hardware and software troubleshooting, logging warranty calls with key vendors and Active Directory administration (creating accounts and email addresses, etc.).
As a Microsoft IT Apprentice you will be required to:
- Learn how to support internal systems, including Active Directory and Exchange.
- Become a valued part of the IT Support team.
- Learn how to provide technical support to marketing channels and activities.
- Assist in customer projects and support activities as skills allow.
- Gain on the job experience and be able to utilize the skills you have gained over the duration of your apprenticeship.
- Help the existing staff, and the other sub-contractors we partner with, to deliver the IT Support services to our clients.
- Learn how to handle telephone support calls as well as incoming Helpdesk emails.
- Manage the Helpdesk system, ensuring all calls are handled within appropriate timescales.
- Work on resolving the first line support where capable, and work with more experienced staff to help resolve more complex issues.
- Help clients using (predominantly) Microsoft operating systems and applications, so a good understanding of these would be very useful.
- Update company systems.
The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hard-working individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry. Have a friendly personality, able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service. The company are looking for someone with a positive, can-do attitude from someone who isn’t afraid to ask questions.
To be considered for this role, you must have at least a C grade in both GCSE Maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE/BTEC/A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
You will have excellent communication skills and a brilliant telephone manner.
You will have a good telephone manner and a positive outlook and you will be polite and professional.
You will be willing to work hard, eager to learn and you will be a team player.
An interest in IT is mandatory!
Mac experience would be desirable.Training ProvidedYou will be enrolled onto the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining the Microsoft certifications MTA Cloud Fundamentals, MTA Network Fundamentals, ITIL Foundation and CompTIA A+. This apprenticeship is delivered remotely via a live virtual classroom using the very latest Microsoft technologies. These qualifications are globally recognized industry certifications and form the significant building block of IT knowledge for anybody looking to start a career in IT.
Location: Watford, WD18
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am-5.30pm (1 hour unpaid lunch each day)
Wage: £170 per weekFuture Prospects: For the right person, there is the opportunity to move into a higher position within the support team. This will include continuing to learn and develop. We process all applications received and contact candidates ASAP so please keep an eye out for a phone call from one of our team on an 02392 number. If you miss a call, we will send you an email.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75983526