IT Support Apprentice
With global cloud traffic on the rise, and set to quadruple by the end 2017, there's no better time to kick start your career in IT!
Baltic Training and Synergy are excited to be recruiting for an IT Support Apprentice based at their offices in Sheffield.
Synergy are a lively and dynamic computer and network support company with 20 years of industry experience, they are able to provide the very highest level of professional IT support across Sheffield and South Yorkshire, offering small to medium-sized businesses access to some of the best professionals and most experienced engineers in the region.
Due to their continued growth and development, they are looking for fresh talent who is keen to develop themselves into a highly skilled consultant
A wise man once said, "The bigger the challenge, the bigger the opportunity to grow" Apprenticeships are built around this principle. Apprenticeships are not an easy way out, they are a commitment and a journey on which you will learn to overcome challenges and breakdown barriers.
With the help of employers, an apprenticeship offers a structured and practical approach to learning. You will train in way that supports you, while you develop the skills you need to be successful in the fastest growing sector in the UK. If you're looking to revolutionise the way you learn, you are looking for an apprenticeship.
You will be working alongside existing staff and be mentored and trained to carry out the following duties:
- Provide 1st line support for customers
- Remote assistance to customers utilising team viewer
- Installation of hardware and software internally and with customers
- Network maintenance
- Set up emails/ Accounts for clients
- Build computers when needed
- Go off site with experienced engineer's to visit clients and conduct tests and assessments to ensure everything is functioning correctly.
Training to be provided:
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in ICT
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Networking Fundamentals
- Mobility and Device Fundamentals
- ITIL Foundation
- Cloud Fundamentals
- Coding and Logic
- Level 2 Functional Skills (Literacy, Numeracy and ICT)
Skills and qualifications required:
- 5 GCSE's A-C grades, including Math's and English.
- Passion for IT.
- Great organisational and communication skills.
- Due to regular offsite visits applicant are required to have a full UK driving licence
The future is bright
Upon completion of the 12 month programme, there are real progression opportunities available. Along with your employer, you may decide to progress onto our level 4 programme and take your training even further.
Salary, hours and benefits
- £150.00 per week
- Full time (37.5 Hours per week)
Location and travel
This role is based in Sheffield, with good access to public transport links for the surrounding area, with free car parking.
About Baltic Training
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We know there are dynamic, eager, young people out there. Young people who love this fast moving world, just as much as we do. They just need to transform that passion into the skills that employers need.
So that's exactly what we help them to do.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! When we receive your application, the talent scout for your area will be in touch to guide you through the next stage of the application process.
Good luck and we hope to hear from you soon!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76014751