Governance and Partnerships Internship
*Please make sure you submit you CV and Cover Letter as one document**
Our client is now in its 12th year, connects more than 90 of the world's greatest cities which have committed to tackling climate change. They bring mayors from around the world together to learn from each other in reducing greenhouse gas emissions and creating resilient, sustainable and low carbon cities. C40 represents more than 650 million urban citizens and their economies account for 25% of global GDP. Their recent 'Deadline 2020' report sets out the critical role that the world's major cities have to play in delivering the historic Paris Agreement to prevent catastrophic climate change.
Out client's growing team of 100+ staff is headquartered in London, with offices in New York, Rio de Janeiro, Copenhagen, Beijing and Paris, and individual staff based across 25+ different locations. C40 has an operating budget of c.$25m per year and is primarily funded through the generous support of philanthropic foundations.
The strategic direction of the organization is determined by an elected Steering Committee of C40 mayors, which is chaired by the Mayor of Paris, Anne Hidalgo. Three-term Mayor of New York City Michael R. Bloomberg serves as President of the Board of Directors, which is responsible for operational oversight. An eight person management team, led by Executive Director, Mark Watts, leads the day-to-day management of C40.
The successful intern will work with the Governance and Partnerships Team and support C40's engagement in the 2018 Global Climate Action (GCA). Hosted by Governor Jerry Brown, the GCA will take place in San Francisco in September 2018 and is intended as an event to take stock on progress and commitments on climate action among states, cities, businesses, investors and civil society. If selected, working a 40-hour week, s/he will have the opportunity to develop skills and understanding in a range of subject areas, gaining valuable experience working with international colleagues in a fast-paced and exciting global organization.
The responsibilities of the role will include:
* Coordination of C40's participation in GCA Steering Calls;
* Disseminating of minutes/outcomes from the Steering committee with other city networks;
* Coordination of Global Climate Action (GCA) Summit internal cross-team meetings;
* Supporting C40 in developing a strategy for C40's engagement, key messages, desired outcomes and announcements;
* Coordinating activities with the host city of San Francisco;
* Supporting C40 in maintaining SC, Board, C40 staff, cities and other partners up to date with plans for event;
* Working with the events team to plan and organize C40 session(s) at GCA Summit;
* Supporting the development of new campaigns and commitments for the GCA;
* Coordinating C40 inputs and recommendations for the Facilitative Dialogue;
* Developing briefings as needed.
* Background in political science, international relations or public policy;
* Strong interest in climate change/sustainable development;
* Some knowledge of international climate treaties;
* Highly organized, self-starter;
* Ability to handle multiple priorities;
* Excellent communication skills.
Application Process Closing Date for Applications
Interested candidates should send their CVs and a covering letter, stating how you meet the criteria. All applications must be received by September 29 2017 by 5.00 pm. CVs that are not accompanied with a covering letter will not be considered.
Please note that the University of London, on behalf of C40, is managing the recruitment for this role. Please do not contact C40 directly; all enquiries must come through the University of London internships team. Any applications sent to C40 directly will not be accepted.
**Please make sure you submit you CV and Cover Letter as one document**
Any problems with uploading Cover letters, please send them
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76016013