Electrical Distribution, Protection and associated Lighting equipment
An excellent opportunity for an Electro-Mechanical Design Engineer to join one of the UK's leading designer and manufacturer of temporary, heavy-duty electrical distribution and lighting equipment for the construction industry and other similar fields.
Due to the steady expansion of the company, Our Client is looking to strengthen their Engineering Operations Department with the recruitment of an Electro-Mechanical Design Engineer. The position is of key importance in contributing to the high level of customer service that helps to maintain our market position.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Engineering Operations Manager and will have a wide-ranging role within the department.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Design of the electrical and mechanical aspects of the Company's range of transformers, lighting and distribution equipment. This includes development of both standard products and of customer specials. Metalwork and circuit designs can range from the straightforward to the very complex and timescales can be challenging.
- Customer liaison with regard to product development.
- Liaison with shop floor Fabrication, Assembly and Test personnel.
- Project management / co-ordination of larger orders/projects.
- 'Over the phone' customer support for on-site technical queries and problems.
Skills / Experience:
- A broad range of electro-mechanical experience is required, in line with the role, preferably within a switchgear or transformer manufacturing background.
- A qualification of at least HNC/HND level in a relevant discipline is preferred.
- Proficiency in 2D AutoCAD and the various MS Office programs is required, along with experience of a modern ERP package.
- A working knowledge of BS7671 would be beneficial.
- Good interpersonal skills are needed, along with the ability to take responsibility for one's own work.
Salary Guide: £35,000 - £42,000.
22 days holiday (increases at 1 per year to 25).
Location: Harlow, Essex
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position. If you would like to be considered for similar and future positions, or for a complete listing of all our current vacancies, please visit our web site.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75985790