Field Service Engineer
EB4874 Field Service Engineer
Salary: £35,000 Performance Related Bonus
Location: Bristol, South West England
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday (10 hr Days)
Benefits: Competitive Company Bonus Scheme
Do you want to work for a leading provider of secure, flexible and low carbon services to the UK electricity market? Well this client is looking to employ a Field Service Engineer who will be based around the Bristol area of the South West of England. This Field Service Engineer would ideally come from a Mechanical / Electrical background ideally gained working on large gas / diesel engines where you have worked as a field operative.
Working as a Field Service Engineer, you will report to the regional Operations Supervisor and ultimately be responsible for the monitoring, operation, and maintenance of several power generation assets.
The Field Service Engineer will be integral to the performance of the Company’s portfolio of UK generation sites and much will be expected of you. You will be expected to demonstrate the appropriate behaviours and commitment towards health and safety to ensure we maintain our first-class safety culture.
The role of Field Service Engineer comes with a very competitive salary of £35,000 per year and comes with a Company Van, Tools and Full PPE. The Field Service Engineer must be very good at Team Work, be self-reliant and very customer focused.
Applications from ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- Reviewing the operation of the plant equipment and systems to minimise unplanned downtime. Anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Responsibility to complete call out duties across several sites.
- Working safely in line with current HSE legislation and providing, assisting and supporting the H&S team to ensure we delivery high levels of health and safety.
- Responsible for issuing PTW and following Safe work instructions under Risk assessments.
- Supervision of contractors when required.
- All aspects of Operation and maintenance of Natural Gas and Diesel fired engines in your area on a day to day basis both mechanically and electrically.
- Completing planned service schedules on both engine and associated plant and inputting relevant info into a computerized management system.
- Investigative fault finding and repairs to breakdown situations on both mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Ordering and organisation of site stock parts.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Be able work alone so you’ll be depended upon to draw on your experience and knowledge to identify and solve problems.
- Must be skilled and experienced in the monitoring, operation and maintenance of gas and diesel engines. You will have up to date experience of ignition, diagnostics, repairs, rebuilds, configuration and servicing of gas and diesel engines.
- Hold a team orientated approach with great house-keeping skills, be hard working and flexible to work long unsociable hours when required.
- The Operations Team have a great team ethos so you’ll be expected to be integral to the team and will be relied upon always to offer support, demonstrate your competency and be a fantastic multitasker.
- Hold a valid full clean UK driving licence and have good computer skills.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75991460