Financial Management Associatre
You will have the opportunity to ensure high standards of financial management expertise across all client engagements within your portfolio whilst serving as a Trusted Business Advisor. You will work closely with various stakeholders of the business at all levels and develop a strong culture of financial awareness, commerciality and accountability. It is a forward thinking, challenging role that alongside the Working Capital Managers, searches for improvement in working capital management, revenue recognition and engagement profitability.
Your Key Responsibilities:
You'll spend the majority of your time independently reviewing your portfolio within a specific business area or sub service level to assess and mitigate risk in regards to billing, cash collection and revenue recognition. Partners, Directors, Managers and other areas of the business will look to you for best practice, financial knowledge and expertise. You will in turn challenge your stakeholders regarding the recoverability of their engagements to highlight and escalate any potential risk. Furthermore, you will act as an ambassador of the business, embodying the EY culture and reputation.
Skills and Attributes for Success:
- Relationship building - building strong networks, inspiring trust and have a firm understanding of business drivers of client performance.
- Critical thinking and problem solving, advising on potential outcomes and exhibiting exceptional technical skills.
- Confident, with a proven ability to challenge at all levels.
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills and a proven ability to balance multiple priorities by considering risk, importance and level of urgency.
- Demonstrate the ability to become an effective change lead.
- Excellent communicator - both written and oral with the confidence to deliver presentations, training material and knowledge sharing. Adapting style to target audience, set appropriate context when asking questions, demonstrating ability to deliver difficult messages and drive communication to a mutual understanding.
To Qualify for the Role you must have:
- Experience in a client driven professional environment in a financial/business capacity.
- Previous end to end working capital experience
- Able to apply knowledge or take a fresh perspective to solve complex problems and issues that arise
- Time and project management skills - able to plan and manage time effectively and flexibly to deal with key priorities
- Ability to interact well with people at all levels within the firm and a demonstrate proven ability to build strong relationships
- Strong IT skills - Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and SharePoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly organised with a sound attention to detail and an ability to deliver to deadlines
What we look for:
You will be an experienced Trusted Business Advisor with a passion for providing exceptional client service to your stakeholders whilst maintaining high levels of financial management. You will work closely with many stakeholders across the business so the ability to build strong and effective relationships will be key.
Ideally you'll also have:
- Innovative, confident and creative thinker with ability to make quick decisions
- The ability to think on your feet, use initiative and judgement to make informed decisions
What working at EY Offers :
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75993691