German Speaking Credit Specialist
Responsible for the collection of cash outlined within a specified ledger, in order to reduce bad debt and reduce the DSO, as well as working to resolve disputes. Also to work as a team player, supporting others within the department & working for continual improvement to the targets and working practices within Shared Services. Meet all compliance and SLA requirements.
Working for a US owned multi-discipline business which produces speciality components for the aerospace, transportation, energy and industrial markets.
- Responsible for the collection of outstanding and coming due balances, within the designated timescales and as outlined in the company procedures, on a specified ledger by liaising with customers both internal and external by phone and email, to reduce the DSO
- Deal with complex account issues where required.
- Reconciling accounts to ensure accuracy.
- Proactive problem solving by liaising with internal and external sources to investigate and resolve disputes and/or queries within agreed timescales. Escalating promptly any issues that detract from the above.
- The creation and presentation of various reports (including using pre-set programs and processes) for use by both the Clients and management on a weekly and monthly basis. Keeping accurate & up to date records within the collection 'GetPAID' system.
- Preparing for and participating in monthly ledger reviews with both the unit and management.
- Occasional visits may be required, to the unit to resolve issue and build relationships.
- Cross train on Order Release to provide cover during out of hours working, holiday and in emergency situations. (On a rotational basis)
- General Administrative and ad hoc duties as assigned by the manager.
Proven experience in a credit control role
High level of accuracy & Integrity
Disciplined & Focused
Persistent & Persuasive
Ability to work independently
Leads self and peers by conduct & example
Good team focus - working together to achieve group and personal targets.
Condensed 37.5 hour week; 8.15 - 17.00 Monday to Thursday and 8.15 - 12.45 Friday
25 days holiday (taken in hours)
Free parking on site
Fast moving and exciting working environment
Friendly and fun team
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75977068