Senior Software Test - Quality Engineering
Are you ready to make a difference in this world? Do you want to be part of a team that develops groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services and devices? One person can make a singular difference in saving and improving lives. At BD, we are looking for amazing, passionate and dedicated people like you.
BD, a company standing on 120 years of innovation in medical technology, is currently recruiting talented individuals to join our new Research and Development (R&D) Centre of Excellence in Limerick.
BD’s purpose is to advance the world of health. As part of our team, you will be on the forefront of creating and developing specialized devices, software solutions and systems to help others. Our new Centre in Limerick provides you with cutting edge technology and a creative environment to be inspired to tap into your inner genius.
You are the one who can make the difference. Join us and be a crucial part of advancing the world of health!
Be the Difference in Software Test Engineering
- BD is currently seeking Senior Software Quality Engineers to join our exciting and growing team. At BD you will have the opportunity to create software applications that are used to help all people live healthy lives. The Senior Software Quality Engineer is responsible for the development and execution of software test strategies/techniques, schedules, plans, designs, procedures, and automated scripts or code for testing complex software systems within project boundaries established by management. Uses independent judgment to assess project test status and product acceptance.
- Be the Senior Software Test Engineer
- Participates in code inspections, technical reviews, and design reviews.
- Work with application developers to assess the application’s potential cyber security risks and develop test plans accordingly.
- Works proactively with staff from Systems Verification and Validation to determine the best strategy for project test coverage.
- Presents project test data at project review meetings, and presents product acceptance determination. Communicates project test status, progress, problems and changes to program as well as functional management. Recommends options to resolve testing issues. Participates in defect reviews.
- Initiates interaction with other departments to maintain open information channels and to facilitate transfer of technology. Demonstrates knowledge of Manufacturing, Service, Quality/Regulatory, Training requirements and actively participates in multifunctional product development teams and develops expertise recognized by other technical groups in BDB.
- Develops knowledge of BDB products through training and use. Contributes to the advancement of process capability for software quality engineering. Leads brainstorming sessions for software quality engineering process improvements, identifies specific improvement options, and presents to management. Writes/revises Desk Procedures, with appropriate reviews and approvals. Recommends innovations and improved methods, and tools. Recommends and participates in functional training to advance the capabilities of the group.
- Typically requires a BS degree in a related discipline (PhD is equivalent to MS plus two years of directly related technical experience; MS is equivalent to BS plus one year of directly related technical experience) and six years of direct technical experience in software quality engineering, or equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Must possess ability to communicate technical ideas clearly.
- Demonstration of value creation for the business through effective implementation of software testing methodologies, process improvements, productivity improvements, and applied software testing practices.
- Good understanding of how to test software applications for cyber security risks.
- Effective team leadership competence.
- Ability to function in a team setting.
- Ability to motivate, lead, coach.
- Effective project planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform detail-oriented work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Experience with the Agile\Scrum process is preferred.
- Experience working on software for Flow Cytometers or other related medical devices is preferred.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/76006123