Robert Half Financial Services are recruiting for a Fund Accountant to work for a well-established European Venture Capital firm based in the West End of London.
Purpose of Role:
To act as the key individual within a strong Finance team driving finance operations across all aspects of the business:
- Prepare and review monthly management accounts for all active entities.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly reports to investors in active funds.
- Prepare statutory financial statements in accordance with US GAAP or UK GAAP.
- Manage financial and regulatory planning and compliance, including but not limited to: UK corporation tax, VAT returns, budgeting and cashflow forecasting, Israeli and US tax compliance.
- Drive the annual audit process as one of two primary contacts with multiple external auditors.
- Liaise with external bodies such as auditors, lawyers, bankers, fund administrators etc
- Provide coaching and assist development of junior staff members.
- Assist with cross-border treasury management.
- Liaise with deal origination teams to ensure timely funding, efficient cash flow management and accurate reporting.
This company are a venture debt firm specialising in investments in early and mid stage companies. It invests in information and communications technology, hi-tech companies, especially in biotech, life sciences, computing, cleantech, and communications infrastructure.
To be considered for this Fund Accountant role within a European Venture Capital firm based in the West End of London you must meet the following criteria:
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA)
- Educated to a degree level in a relevant subject
- Have a minimum of 2 years Fund Accounting experience OR a newly qualified ACA Accountant from Financial Services audit
- Independent and flexible working style
- A 'can do' approach and the ability to work with various levels of management
NOTE: Please do not apply to this role if you do not meet the above criteria
Salary and Benefits
The successful Fund Accountant working for a European Venture Capital firm based in the West End of London will be offered between £50-55,000 with a discretional annual bonus of 20-40% plus other benefits.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.