Biomechanics Test Engineer
Are you looking for a new role as a Biomechanics Test Engineer? Interested in working in a Orthopaedic Test Laboratory providing a critical test service to the design and development of Orthopaedic implants and instruments? If the answer is yes, this role is for you!
The Biomechanics Test Engineer will testing instruments intended for use in orthopaedic surgery through biomechanical means, including fatigue endurance and load to failure testing! This is an exciting 12 month contract position with a global medical devices manufacturer.
You will be paid weekly, one week in arrears. The role is full time, 37 hours a week are to be worked and you will also be entitled to a pension plan and holiday pay.
- Conduct new product development and research testing work
- Liaising and understanding requirements of work requests from Bio-engineers, translation of requests into practical in vitro tests, planning and execution of tests, analysis of data, completion of formal reporting and discussion with customers during and post activity to assess requirements for additional work
- Assist other Test Engineers as and when required on a variety of projects
- Help other Test Engineers in the lab to perform testing if necessary
- Set up of test assemblies
- Participate in the development, component specification, building and validation of equipment employing electronics (such as instruments including transducer, controllers and triggers applied to test machines)
- Maintain laboratory inspection/test equipment by ensuring that equipment is serviceable, including but not limited to actively working or organizing subcontractors as required, ensuring calibration to schedule, servicing and maintenance, breakdown repairs
- Ensure quality is maintained to ISO 17025 standard in the laboratory
- Design and facilitate manufacture one off fixtures to support the lab activities as required utilizing CAD
- Maintain register and storage of fixtures
- Maintain the mechanism for planning and recording machine usage including all activities of work tasks, calibration and maintenance
Qualifications and experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent demonstrable experience is required
- Experience in analytical testing is desired
- Experience working with multiple international customers is a bonus
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work independently and think laterally to improve upon the range of testing offered would be a bonus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Presentation skills, written and oral
- Report writing
- Independent working
- A team player with the ability to complete tasks through interaction with team members
If this role is of interest to yourself, and matches your skills sets and experience then please click apply below to submit your CV. Please ensure your up to date contact details are on your CV before applying. If your application is shortlisted, we will call you and discuss the role in further detail to ensure this role is what you are looking for and meets our clients needs.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75986642