Group Financial Accountant
The opportunity has arisen for a newly-qualified accountant to join a growing, US Listed shipping organisation in a group finance position with excellent development and training based in London.
My client is a US Listed shipping organisation based in central London. In the past 18 months they have been growing and diversifying their offering through acquisitions and joint ventures. As a result, they are now in a strong position within the energy market as both a shipping business and energy provider across the globe. As a result of this growth there is a new opportunity as a group financial accountant.
As the group financial accountant you will be tasked with owning the reporting cycles for both internal and external reporting whilst having the opportunity to work on other key projects. Your key responsibilities will include
- Delivery of monthly, quarterly, and annual external group reporting including production of the annual report;
- Ownership of the consolidated monthly management reporting with responsibility for the board pack preparation;
- Delivering accurate and timely monthly analysis and commentary, as well as KPI reporting;
- Continually driving process improvements and efficiencies;
- Supporting senior management with ad hoc reporting and analysis requests;
- Ad hoc projects such as process improvements and supporting acquisitions/disposals.
As a strong applicant for this group financial accountant position you will:
- Be a newly-qualified ACA accountant (ideally from a top tier practice);
- Demonstrate a good technical knowledge (US GAAP is advantageous but not essential);
- Possess strong communication skills with the ability to engage with senior management;
- Show a desire to learn and develop in the role;
- Be comfortable working at all levels from process work to value-add projects.
The offer to the successful group financial accountant will be between £50,000-£55,000 depending on experience plus benefits including discretionary bonus, private medical cover, pension, and 25 days annual leave. You will also join a business committed to developing your career and looking to give you a potential pathway to a management position.