Senior Project Engineer with Electrical bias working for a process equipment manufacturing company in Barrow
Your new company
Your new company is well established manufacturing and engineering business specialising in process equipment packages. They work in numerous different sectors such as Nuclear, Defence and Utilities. They are now looking for a Senior Project Engineer with Electrical experience to work on one of their largest and highly confidential contracts based at their site in Barrow.
This is an integral role within the business, and an exciting time to join a rapidly expanding business.
The business are also open to taking on a recent graduate.
Your new role
You will be working as a project engineer reporting into the project manager, where you will be tasked with managing multiple small scale projects relating to the Nuclear industry. You will be in a customer facing role and also liaise with other engineering departments within the company.
- Interpreting engineering drawings (P&ID) and producing technical design solutions internally and for customers.
- You will also be required to prepare costing and tenders involving cost and price negotiations.
- Liaising with customers on a regular basis, via telephone, email and conducting face to face meetings on site
- You will be the customer's main point of contact, responding to queries and offering solutions.
- Produce quotations for the smaller projects and support the PM's in this activity on larger projects
- Project Technical Review
- Contribute to the development of business systems and processes
- Procurement of manufactured parts and equipment including price negotiation
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this role you will need to have a degree in Electrical engineering and have previous experience working in a similar role.
You will also need excellent communication and problem solving skills and have the ability to interpret engineering drawings.
Ideally you will have experience working with process equipment in the past, however this is not essential.
You must be an excellent problem solver, and be able to offer solutions to customers based on their requirements.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive salary which is reflective of your experience, along with other company benefits, with free parking on site.
In addition you have an exciting opportunity to join a highly successful and growing business based in the heart of Cumbria.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Natasha at Hays Engineering now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75976875