BRC Lead Auditor
BRC Lead Auditor
We are searching for an experienced food professional with at least 5 years’ experience within the food processing industry, particularly quality assurance.
You would have worked at a senior level, implementing and managing schemes and GFSI recognized standards giving you a depth of knowledge and credibility across a number of different food categories.
The role is UK wide and will require extensive travel. A passion for excellent customer service is vital.
• To lead the development and delivery of operational excellence in the accredited food certification schemes and other globally managed food schemes to ensure sustained profitable growth in line with the overall Food strategy.
• To lead the strategic development of accredited food certification in new areas and monitor competitor activity.
• To implement and realize internal requirements / processes (Quality Manual / Company Guidelines) and guarantee the effective and efficient processes within the department
• To ensure all quality, operational, commercial and customer service objectives are met at all times and duly reported to the departmental head.
• To ensure control of order processing
• To support the Global Food Certification, Audit & Training team in the further development of new food safety solutions and capabilities, to complement the existing department portfolio. Vice President Food and Agriculture
• Planning/Organisation and performing of food safety management system audits (1st/2nd party)
• To prepare and follow up (documentation) of audits
• To liaise and cooperate with other ‘non-food specific’ Product Managers to enable efficient delivery of coordinated multi-standard certification (e.g. ISO9001, ISO14001 etc.) to food clients.
• To identify opportunities for simplification, improvement and harmonisation in the execution of GFSI schemes to drive consistent technical standards and maximise efficiency of the food certification operation.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
· Ideally approved BRC Food and FSSC 22000 auditor or Degree educated preferably in a food related discipline or of graduate calibre
· A strong knowledge of food standards like BRC, FSSC 22000, IFS, HACCP etc.
· At least 5 years work experience within the food processing industry, particularly quality assurance - Strong organisation and planning skills
· Excellent communication and presentation skills, proficient verbal and written English
· Highly effective communicator at all levels (assertive but tactful)
· Self-motivation and drive, goal-orientated with the ability to work on own initiative while also contributing effectively as part of a team
· Proficient in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
· Ability to travel frequently within UK and Ireland
About the Company
“We are a member of one of the world’s leading service companies in the areas of Testing, Technical Inspection and Certification. TÜV NORD’s 14,000 employees are serving clients in more than 70 countries worldwide. TÜV UK Ltd. operates mainly in the UK and Ireland and covers a range of Standards, including ISO 9001, PAS43, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, ISO 14064, ISO 27001, ISO 50001, etc.”
How to Apply
Please attach an up to date copy of your CV to the link provided and the client will be in direct contact.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75991862