My client is recruiting for a new UX Designer to join their team in London. They are one of the most respected, recognisable and well known operators in the betting and gaming industry.
Please note: You do not need previous experience in the betting and gaming industry to be considered for the role.
The UX Designer (Midweight) will research and design user interface solutions based on UX principles, business requirements and user research. The role will work collaboratively with the UX team and key stakeholders to gather insights with which to inform design solutions and create user journeys, sketches, wireframes and mock-ups. The UX Designer will be a passionate advocate for the user to deliver great user experiences across all digital channels used by millions of our customers.
The UX Designer works within the Creative team and reports to the UX Manager.
- Conceptualise and design UI/UX mock flows for mobile, tablet and web. Including building wireframe prototypes, annotated layouts and requirements documents to present to stakeholders across the business
- Create UX design proposals and wireframes for mobile apps and websites to promote ideas and concepts to stakeholders
- Work effectively alongside the designers as part of the design team to provide rapid support and feedback on tasks involving UI design, UX journey analysis and configuration to ensure a consistent approach to the customer journeys
- Liaise with relevant parties (Design Team Manager, UI Designers, Product Owners & developers to progressively move from low fidelity wireframes to high fidelity to explain concepts and ensure thorough understanding thereof
- Carry out usability studies and provide feedback and reporting to the UX Manager including relevant analysis and data (liaising with UX analyst where necessary) to help facilitate championing of the customer
- Provide support and guidance to the team on UX principles and best practice to ensure the team has a consistent approach in their work
- Provide substantiation to client for UX/UI design proposals though data, expert analysis and feedback
- Provide UX consultation services to the Creative Team on day to day UI design work where necessary including Projects, BAU tasks & Creative initiatives
Specialist Skills and Experience Required
- Knowledge of wireframing, prototyping and general design software tools (axure, balsamiq, invisionapp, adobe suite…)
- Experience of designing complex products across a variety of screens and platforms
- Ability to think at all layers of a project, from product (system) design, to interaction, to final design
- Ability to prioritise projects, communicate progress and deliver on time
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, highly-dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders
- Good communication and collaborative skills, both visual and verbal
- A good working knowledge of user centred design methodologies, lean design and agile development
- A large toolkit and varied UX skills and techniques, from workshopping to sketching to prototyping, and a knowledge of which to use when
- Ability to interpret a client's requirements and work collaboratively with a team
- Experience of creating extensive use case scenarios within a high change, highly matrixed business or channel
- Good analytical, planning, organisational and reporting skills with the ability to communicate in a clear and timely manner
- IT literate with the ability to quickly learn and optimise new system environments (both internal, 3rd party and the interfaces between)
- Ability to work effectively as part of both small teams and larger formal groups
- Ability to work independently with key internal and external partners
- Ability to prioritise and adapt rapidly to changing business conditions
- Good project management skills with the ability to handle multiple streams of work and prioritise accordingly
- Quick response when incorporating relevant feedback from product owners and any other design team members
- Knowledge of the online gaming industry experience preferred although not essential
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Betting Appointments, part of the St George's Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you're looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75986252