Senior Materials Science Engineer
Are you looking for a new role as a Senior Materials Science Engineer? Interested in working within the R&D Laboratory group in our clients Joint Reconstruction business? If the answer is yes, this role is for you!
The Senior Materials Science Engineer will be working to evaluate and provide materials advice to the R&D team based in Leeds, create and review material specifications, be a project team member on a global company alignment project! This is an exciting 12 month contract position with a global medical devices manufacturer.
You will be paid weekly, one week in arrears. The role is full time, 37 hours a week are to be worked and you will also be entitled to a pension plan and holiday pay.
- Develop understanding of the orthopaedic device market and clinical and business needs
- Become SME in metallurgical scientific discipline. Eventually will mentor others
- Review next-generation materials for instrument and implant application and provide advice on suitability and potential further evaluation requirements related technologies for medical devices used in the treatment of musculoskeletal joint diseases
- Have a working knowledge of ISO and ASTM material standards
- The candidate should have a proven track record of successfully leading research projects/teams
- Present project work to group, R&D and company stakeholders
- Develop effective working relationships within R&D and across the company
- Participate in technical review of new technologies and product development opportunities
- Participate in and consult with the internal and external scientific community to maintain state-of-the-art knowledge for application to experimental work and projects
- Write technical reports, test protocols and work instructions
Qualifications and experience:
- MS in Materials Science Engineering, Metallurgy, Physics or closely related discipline with 4+ years industry experience, or BS with 5+ years industry experience or PhD with 2+ years industry experience
- Expertise in advanced metals, materials processing, materials performance, microstructural science and the role microstructure has on properties
- Knowledgeable in physical metallurgy, mechanical behaviour, phase transformations and advanced microstructural characterization
- Prior experience of developing materials specifications
- Knowledgeable in the metallurgical effects of heat treatment, sintering, solidification
- Preference placed on candidates with expertise in super alloys and titanium based metals
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly self-motivated
- Able to partner effectively
- Good working-level communication and presentation skills
If this role is of interest to yourself, and matches your skills sets and experience then please click apply below to submit your CV. Please ensure your up to date contact details are on your CV before applying. If your application is shortlisted, we will call you and discuss the role in further detail to ensure this role is what you are looking for and meets our clients needs.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75986526