Software Developer Scala Java AWS - Sports
Software Developer (Java 8 JVM AWS Scala Kafka Low Latency Messaging). Start-up sports data technology division within a global media giant is seeking a passionate technologist. As part of an elite development team you will design and develop backend functionality for a highly complex sports data and live streaming platform.
Most of the work is Greenfield development; as a Software Developer you’ll be working on complex and interesting technical projects, delivering live data with extremely low latency through to a global client base including betting companies and major broadcasters worldwide.
The technology stack is based on Scala, Java 8, Kafka and AWS. You’ll be working in a collaborative, technology driven environment – with the opportunity to contribute to technology decisions and product strategy.
This Software Developer role presents an excellent opportunity to contribute to the success of this start-up venture that has the secure backing of much larger company. New offices based in West London with a bright and spacious working environment and outside space used for meetings / breakouts.
- Passion for technology with an “engineering mindset” – strong analysis and problem solving abilities
- Strong knowledge of core Java
- Scala development experience (could be non-commercial as long as you have used Java 8 and have an interest in functional programming)
- Full lifecycle development experience with a good knowledge of software architecture
- Excellent communication skills, collaborative team player
As a Software Developer you can expect to earn a highly competitive salary (to £70k) plus benefits including pension, private medical care, subsidised gym plus more.
Send your CV or call 020 7090 2585 for a confidential discussion about this Software Developer opportunity.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75952271