Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To supervise and ensure effective management of the day to day finances of the organisation.
- To continually review and develop financial systems and procedures.
- To contribute to the strategic development of the organisation.
- To provide support, supervision and development opportunities to members of the Finance Team.
- Line manage the members of the Finance team and ensuring they meet the standard required to undertake their roles
- To manage the day to day cash flow and bank balances
- To prepare quarterly accruals and prepayments
- To produce monthly and quarterly management accounts
- To oversee the accurate inputting of all general ledger entries (cash book, sales, purchase ledger); general ledger reconciliations
- To oversee and authorise payment runs
- To oversee organisation's Direct Debit and Standing Order payments being collected accurately and timely
- To supervise bank reconciliations
- To check payroll journals entries for accuracy
- To set up invoice schedules for Finance team to use
- To oversee the maintenance of an accurate debtors list and liaise with funders and customers to ensure all income is received.
- To oversee process of housing benefit payments being entered by Finance team, helping the team with resolving queries; reconciling housing benefits database and claiming rent voids on quarterly basis
- To keep housing benefit reserves spreadsheet up to date and arrange transfers as necessary
- To oversee process of signatures being updated on timely basis for approximately 300 bank accounts
- To oversee use of organisation's credit cards
- To ensure BACS payments and bank account transfers are completed efficiently and effectively on behalf of the organisation
- To prepare quarterly VAT returns and other obligatory returns
- To prepare monthly income and expenditure reports (including reports for the funders), providing comparisons with budgets.
- To maintain fixed assets register and calculate depreciation
- To prepare monthly averaging calculations for Payroll department
- To assist CEO in projecting wages increases and forecasting financial impact on organisation
- Oversee the use of the Information Technology accounting software.
- Ensure that archiving and record keeping is maintained effectively
- To provide Senior Management with monthly profit and loss reports that provides accurate comparison to budgets.
- In conjunction with the Chief Executive, manage the organisations short term financial investments to maximise income.
- Report the current and forecast financial position of the organisation to ensure working capital is effectively managed.
- Provide clear, timely and accurate information and advice to the Trustees to enable proper consideration of business
- To update financial information relating to finance and ensure it is appropriately circulated.
- To assist in the development of accurate scheme, projects and central support budgets.
- Oversee the purchase invoices and payment of creditors and ensure a purchase order system is operating effectively.
- Liaise with the auditors and ensure they are provided with the information they require
Strategic development of the organisation
- Report in to the Senior Management Team on all finance related issues and also the Board of Management as and when required.
- Work jointly with the Chief Executive to ensure that the finance systems operate in a way, which supports managers and other appropriate staff.
- Promote and develop a positive and inclusive organisational culture, effective staff management and development and operate within a learning environment.
- Work with auditors to maintain and develop financial procedures and practices and good accounting standards.
- To be present and actively take part in the development of the Finance team.
- Work with all parts of the organisation to ensure joint policy development and best practice.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75947559