Teacher of History - Hackney - Immediate Start - Inner London Pay Scale
Job Title: Qualified History Teacher
Location: London Borough of Hackney
Contract Type: Long Term Temporary/Permanent Job
Start Date: Immediate
Salary: Inner London Main Pay Scale
Your new school
This school has been graded as 'Good' in their most recent Ofsted report with the ambition of the school leaders and the governing body being highlighted as a particular strength, stating that the improvement in students' achievement is a direct result of the school's transformation of teaching. The Ofsted report is reflected by the school's most recent exam results where the school celebrated 100% pass rate for all A Level students. The school itself is located in a flourishing area of Hackney with a range of great transport links close by.
Your new job
In your new teaching job you will be planning and delivering engaging and interactive lessons in order to create the best possible learning environment. You will be responsible for teaching History across the Key Stages, including A Level classes. This is an excellent opportunity for career progression as the department is growing and has an excellent HOD. There is a mixture of experience levels within the team and real togetherness thus meaning NQTs are well supported. For an experienced teacher, they are also able to offer TLRs and the opportunity to coordinate Year Groups, Key Stages and develop their management careers.
What you'll need to succeed
* PGCE/ QTS in education (or equivalent).
* Experience delivering the History curriculum
* To be a motivated and passionate teacher, willing to push and support students
* Previous experience working in a secondary school environment
* Ability to work as a team and efficiently settle in the History department
Benefits of working for Hays Education:
* Competitive rates of pay and a Guaranteed Pay Scheme
* A personal Consultant offering advice and guidance in this specialist area
* Refer a Friend scheme - £250 every time you recommend a teacher
* Free Child Protection and Safeguarding Training
* Recognised holder of the DfE Quality Mark
How to apply
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button or contact Joseph Bradshaw on 0207 259 8770 or email for more information.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share the commitment. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.
T: 020 7259 8770
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75977763