Multi Skilled Technician (Mechanical)
Multi Skilled Technician (Mechanical) required in Southampton area.
Provide general mechanical/ HVCA/ Building services maintenance support on all buildings and plant.
Implement all mechanical maintenance and corrective works on the site in accordance with Maintenance Instructions, EMCOR and site specific procedures.
Perform testing and inspecting of mechanical systems in accordance with industry standards.
- Provide accurate feedback and information including but not limited to completed test sheets, routine rounds inspection sheets and work dockets containing durations of maintenance activities and observations.
- Ensure that all plant and systems are maintained and operated in order to provide maximum efficiency, availability and reliability.
- Carry out remedial and/or refurbishment works arising from breakdown or maintenance inspections.
- Respond to reactive maintenance/breakdown calls for the helpdesk and carrying out remedial work as necessary, providing feedback information to customer and helpdesk as required.
- Assume the role of Competent Person (mechanical) as authorised by the Authorised Person Controller.
- Develop and retaining knowledge of site system failures and their causes and effects.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of plant and adjacent areas.
- Undertake defect surveys on electrical plant and systems and providing reports as requested by engineering management.
- Assist the mechanical Supervisor in providing information for technical and incident reports.
- Develop and retain a full knowledge of the operating characteristics of the site generation plant in order to provide monitoring attendance when running for emergency or test purposes.
- Provide holiday and sickness cover for shift colleagues.
- Perform other reasonable duties as agreed with EFS management.
Principle Accountabilities: Operations:
Support the Building Manager in the day to day implementation of EMCOR policies, procedures, standards necessary to maintain the integrity of ongoing operational activities and provide high quality service to customers in accordance with:
EMCOR Integrated Management System
EMCOR Employee Handbook EMCOR M&I Business Plan EMCOR and Client Business Plan
Client Safety Procedures / Instructions EMCOR / Client Contract
- Demonstrate qualities to deliver the contract requirements through effective communication, training and personal development.
- Ensure you proactively maintain your levels of training and competency and organise courses as appropriate to fulfil completion of work tasks.
- Provide regular updates on work load to Line Manager Maintain day to day contact with the customer taking notes as required.
- Undertake an annual appraisal.
- Identify to your Line Manager operational improvements to ensure continued provision of high quality service.
- In conjunction with the HSE&Q team, regularly monitor the safety performance of all service aspects, identifying areas for improvement.
- Ensure all staff attend and receive regular toolbox talks in accordance with local procedures.
- Manage the preparation and submission for approval all appropriate Safe Systems of Work and Risk Assessments workflow and cost through effective management techniques.
- Ensure you have appropriate PPE issued and it is worn in accordance with associated risk.
- Ensure all equipment, tools and PPE are adequately maintained.
- Support the Building Manager, providing information necessary to establish financial completion of accounts.
- Ensuring that the JDE ordering system is followed and that full accountability is available.
- Must be self-motivated, a team player and have an adaptable/flexible approach.
- Capable of obtaining the highest level of security clearance, currently DV.
- The ideal candidate will have the relevant C&G, BTEC level 3, ONC/OND or NVQ level 3 in a mechanical discipline
- The candidate will be qualified and/or trained in other building service disciplines including HVCA and will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in a building service environment.
- The candidate will be articulate, numerate and IT literate.
- Understanding of legislative compliance and contract law preferred.
- Being commercially aware puts the candidate at an advantage.
- Good all round knowledge of Facility Management and Building Services Engineering.
- The ability to establish, implement and monitor high standards of excellence in areas of quality, safety and operational performance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75947869