Robert Half Finance and Accounting are supporting a global market leader within the FMCG Foodstuff marketplace to recruit a European Finance Manager who will be responsible for the management of a team of group subsidiary accountants and financial managers based internationally.
As European Finance Manager the successful candidate will be expected to support management to ensure that all reporting and planning processes at group level are completed to a high standard and in compliance with Head Office deadlines agreed with the Board of Directors, including but not limited to:
- Preparation/review of monthly management accounts for multiple international operations & holding companies;
- Preparation of consolidated territory monthly management;
- Preparation/ review of the annual budgets;
- Preparation/review of the annual audit pack;
- Preparation of the annual financial statements under IFRS;
- Preparation/review of the annual 5 year strategic plans;
- Produce detailed KPI reports, with commentary, on a monthly basis on the consolidated results to allow comprehensive briefing of the management team.
Prepare other regular reports including but not limited to:
- Flash KPI reporting;
- Foreign exchange analysis;
- Turnover analysis reporting;
- Submission of monthly/quarterly VAT return;
- Other Ad hoc duties as required.
The role will require some European travel (up to three times per year for 2 to 3 days)
**The role of European Finance Manager is available on an interim basis whilst a permanent recruitment process is run, ideally our client is looking to recruit a seasoned interim with a track record of an end to end handover process, they will however consider individuals who would entertain a temporary to permanent option**
Our client is seeking a Qualified individual (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
It is crucial that the successful European Finance Manager has experience of:
- Foreign exchange transactions and accounting thereof
- Group accounting and consolidations in terms of IFRS
- Intermediate Excel skills including Data Manipulation, Pivot Tables and V-Look ups
Currently based in Essex but with relocation plans to Kent the Group leads the sourcing of specific food products across Africa, Europe, the USA and South America. This makes them one of the largest importers and distributors of this specific food type in the world.
Salary & Benefits
£250 - £300 per day
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75977118