- Web Developer
- £425 per day
- 6 month contract
- Role based in Cambridge
As one of the most revered leaders in their industry, this technology led organisation is widely regarded as one of Britain’s global success stories. This is a fantastic opportunity to join them as we are looking for an experienced Web Developer.
We need a Web Developer to join our IP Warehouse project team within Digital Delivery. Reporting to the Web Development Manager, you will work with modern technologies, as well as business-critical legacy solutions. You’ll be working with experienced developers improving and adding new features to an established application, using a multitude of platforms, frameworks and programming language, so a pragmatic approach is essential.
- Hands-on front-end as well as back-end web development
- Maintain high levels of code quality, review peers; changes and follow the defined policies and standards
- To take responsibility for your own work including the prioritization of tasks and goals
- Design high quality solutions to meet the functional requirements
- Maintaining and improving the BDD / TDD practice and maintain / improve unit tests coverage
- Solution deployment and transition to support
- Support training and documentation
- Demonstrate integrity, positive attitude, solid work ethic, commitment to stakeholders, camaraderie to the team and a passion for excellence
Key Skills and experience –
- Ust have previous experience of working on a live mission critical system
- Docker, Docker-compose
- Jenkins; CI/CD
- Solid experience in software systems design and development.
- Source Control and Continuous Integration (Git, SVN, Bamboo, Jenkins, Octopus)
- Enterprise-grade RDBMS, such as Oracle or SQL Server
- Understanding of TDD / BDD Tools (Selenium, Cucumber) automation.
- Experience working in an agile development environment (Scrum and/or SAFe)
- Proven experience of RESTful service design
- Awareness of web security threats and mitigation methods
- Proven track record and proven understanding of web security threat and mitigation techniques
- Experience in working with stakeholders across a range of levels
- Experience with webservices, microservices, SOA and managing web APIs
- Experience of working with cloud / remote computing services such as Microsoft Azure
- A problem-solving attitude
- Pragmatism, self-motivation
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75974601