Maintenance Engineer (South of England)
HQ4868: Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Location: South of UK
Salary: £23,000 to £28,000 (DOE)
An opportunity has become available for a competent Electrician in the south of England. The successful candidate will join an expanding international market leader.
Applications from ex-military personnel i.e. Navy, Royal Air Force (RAF) or Army are strongly encouraged.
To maintain and arrange electrical systems and to make sure that they are safe whilst operating within their designed capacity and complying with BS7671and the 17th edition of the wiring regulations. The position is ideally suited for a junior electrician who is 17th Edition qualified, holds a Portable Appliance Testing qualification, is NICEIC compliant and is proficient will Electrical Fault Finding. This person has a very professional demeanour, works quickly and accurately under pressure and must be confident, efficient and practical. You are methodical, detail-oriented and highly organised. You will also show adequate experience in the installation of new electrical and product installations. A van, uniform and equipment will be provided.
- Deliver a high-quality service at all times whilst ensuring costs are controlled
- Report any electrical safety issues to head office to action with the customer.
- Report any site specific lamp/access / information useful for follow up visits.
- Communication with Head Office must be regular and as agreed. This is vital as customers phone the office and expect answers.
- Employee vehicle must be kept clean, both inside and out.
- Employees are responsible for ensuring they have sufficient stock and ordering replacement stock in a timely manner. Specific part numbers must be used when ordering material from the regional office.
- Engineers will wear provided company t-shirts at all times and ensure these are clean.
- Unless route has been set, engineers will select the most efficient route possible when placing work in order and will aim to be at the first job for 8am unless otherwise stated.
- Completed job sheets will be sent recorded delivery if these can’t be hand delivered to the regional office.
- All job sheets will be correctly filled in and signed by the customer at all times.
- Engineers are expected to know/learn the technical description of all lamps – (lamp type,
- Report any damages made to company van on the day supported by a report and photos
Knowledge, skills and qualifications required:
- Clean Driver’s License
- 17th edition (C&G 2391)
- City & Guilds 2351 OR 2330 OR 2360 Part 1 & 2
- OR NVQ Level3 in Electro-Technical Services
- Previous working experience within the electrical maintenance sector.
- High level of motivation, dynamism and initiative; entrepreneurial, proactive, focused, tenacious and committed, with high standards and achievement orientation
- Desire to lead, influence and coach others
- Good team player
- Strong work ethic; self-starter; results orientated
- Good ability to plan and anticipate
- Ability to work in an operational/functional matrix organisation
- Good communication and relationship building skills
Salary ranges between £23,000 and £28,000 and can be boosted by regular overtime opportunities.
The Maintenance Engineer will work 40-hour weeks
In addition to a guaranteed base salary and regular overtime opportunities, benefits include:
25 days' holiday plus bank holidays
Government pension scheme
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75953003