We are working on behalf of an intermediary mortgage lender; this is an exciting opportunity to join a specialist start up opportunity. Due to continued growth, they are looking to add an underwriter to join their already established team. This is an ideal position for someone who is looking to be part of an innovative and well establish company.
- Maintain an up to date working knowledge of their products and services
- Throughout all the mortgage application process ensure proper records are maintained and approve all mortgage applications within specified limits
- Provide guidance for mortgage advisors and brokers and maintain a professional working manner with all contacts
- Assist in implementing changes to mortgage rates, products and lending strategy
- Provide underwriting training to other members of staff
- Comply with all legal responsibilities and codes of conduct
- Influence and contribute to the operations plan
- Accountable for ensuring that the lending policy and guidelines are implemented
- Work with other members of the team to provide management information for the Directors, the board and External bodies
- Manage multiple stakeholders across the business in differing sectors
- Have a keen eye for detail in understanding emerging trends.
- Extensive Financial Services underwriting experience is essential
- Previous experience as a mortgage advisor is essential
- Must have held a mandate
- CeMap qualified or industry equivalent is desirable
- Prior experience working for a start-up business or launching new products is desirable
- Good all round interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated to achieve goals
- Confidence when talking to others
- Effectively build relationships professionally
- High degree of customer focus.
Please send your CV for immediate consideration as the position will be moving to interview shortly.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75954452