Full time Permanent Digital Architect
Maple Cross, Hertfordshire
Upto 55kpa Plus Excellent BenefitsJOB PURPOSE
Working within the IS Department’s digital team, the digital architect is a hands on development role with an expertise and knowledge in establishing and deploying best practice architecture for our portfolio of digital projects. These are comprised of customer facing solutions whether they be websites, apps or plugins.
Special consideration and expertise will be needed on configuration of webservers, best performance, deployment strategies, and security considerations. Solutions will be either hosted internally or on the cloud following group security policies and approval processes.
The architect will propose the architecture for new and existing Digital projects – working closely with colleagues within the Digital development team to encourage their buy in and collaboration. Sharing ideas and accepting input. The candidate will fully document the solutions, and participate in their creation.
The digital development team at RCI are responsible for the analysis and encouraging the adoption of innovative technologies and approaches for the development of the digital platform enterprise business strategy.SKILLSET
- Angular, AngularJS, Ionic, Drupal, Java, Spring, HTML, MySQL, ETL
- Web Application servers architectures, security, protocols and technologies (Apache Web Server, Tomcat, Cloud)
- Unit testing and deployment (Cucumber, Selenium, Jenkins)
- Full development lifecycle and Agile methodologies
- Creating great Digital solutions
- Improving the Digital Systems of the Company
- Analysing business requirements, elaborating architectural solutions, and designing technical specifications.
- Developing Systems (Web applications, Web services, apps, plugins)
- Providing Technical Support
- Documentation of systems architecture
- Presenting solutions for approval at the IS architecture committee
- Working on proof of concept solutions
- 3+ years in similar role
- Track record of designing high performance and secure customer facing solutions
- Greenfield projects and maintaining existing systems
- Agile environment
- Excellent technical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly motivated to succeed and deliver on commitments
- A genuine passion and interest in software development and learning new skills
- Hard working and focused
- Driven to provide customer satisfaction
- Comfortable liaising with business users as well as technical teams
- Good verbal and written communication
- Experience within the finance and/or motor finance industry is an advantage
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75949573