Video Games Testers - Various Languages
Are you an avid gamer or have superb language skills?
Do you have a native level of German, Spanish, Italian, French or Japanese?
If so, we want to hear from you! On the German, Spanish, Italian, French,Japanese and Korean teams you will have the opportunity to play Video Games in German, Spanish, Italian, French, Japanese and Korean while making sure the game is suitable for their target audiences.
Localisation testing involves performing language checks on a range of games for a variety of platforms including PC, Xbox, PlayStation, Wii, and various mobile and handheld devices.
What we are looking for
- Native level language skills in German, Spanish, Italian, French, Japanese and Korean
- Strong English language skills
- Strong cultural understanding of English and the language you are applying for
- Enthusiastic gamer – experience of at least one current platform
- Great team worker
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
What you’ll be doing
- Identifying spelling, grammar, punctuation and other language errors
- Ensuring console manufacturer guidelines are adhered to
- Logging details of errors/issues found and providing suggestions for improvements
- Ad hoc translation
What you need to know
Please send a CV and covering letter. Make sure you include the following details or we won’t be able to assess your application:
- Language you are applying for (German, Spanish, Italian, French or Japanese or Korean)
- Details of your gaming and language experience
- Details of your right to work in the UK
- Details of any days/times you’re not available to work
It would also be helpful if you are local to Glasgow or within commutable distance to our Glasgow site, as no relocation packages are available. Please note that only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Who we are
Since 1994, Pole To Win has been providing outsourced Quality Assurance, Customer Experience and Localization Services to the Interactive Media, Internet of Things (IoT), Technology and e-Learning markets. Our service lines include: Quality Assurance, Quality Engineering, Localization, Translation, Customer Experience, Talent Acquisition, Audio Production.
Pole To Win's core values are imbued across our global organization: Reinforced by our actions and our attitudes. Echoed throughout our approach to our operations and our clients. Exemplified by our culture, and most of all, our people. We build people and their careers. We actively turn to team mates for counsel, inspiration, and diverse perspectives. Relationships are built on mutual respect. Personal and professional integrity is our guiding principle. We are honest, authentic, transparent, and ethically sound. Our primary goal is to advance our clients' businesses and their customers' satisfaction. We set the bar for generating imaginative and effective solutions for the most challenging problems. We move with speed and agility. We love what we do. We have unwavering loyalty to our DNA, our culture, our values, and ourselves.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/74271889